Senior Monitoring, Verification, and Reporting (MV&R) Lead, USAID Yemen Continuous Learning and Evaluation (YCLE) Project, based in Amman, Jordan
Social Impact (SI) is pursuing the USAID Yemen Continuous Learning and Evaluation project anticipated to provide a wide range of services to USAID to enable it to monitor program performance effectively and operational context; evaluate the performance and results of USAID/Yemen programs; and learn and adapt for improved effectiveness. This contract is expected to result in strengthened Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) systems at USAID/Yemen and enhanced MEL capacity of local entities to improve accountability and increase the use of evidence for programming, learning, and adapting. YCLE will contribute to the U.S. Government’s goal in Yemen of “laying a stronger foundation for a durable peace” and ensuring continued alignment and adaptive management among all Mission activities by providing services across five components:
- Performance and operational context monitoring and verification services;
- Evaluation services; surveys, analysis, assessments, and reporting services;
- Collaboration, learning and adaptive management, and program support services.
SI is seeking a Senior Jordanian Monitoring, Verification, and Reporting (MV&R) Lead to support the USAID YCLE project manage the overall MV&R work plan and process; lead the review, preparation, and editing of tools, protocols, and materials; edit final MV&R reports for submission, and present findings to USAID. YCLE is a five-year project scheduled to begin June 2020 based in Amman, Jordan.
- Assist the Chief of Party (COP) to manage and coordinate the MV&R team and ensure essential functions are in place, such as procurement and contracting, finance and administration, IT support, and in-house technical and subject matter expertise.
- Manage short-term technical assignments relevant to the delivery of MV&R deliverables.
- Assist the COP and Deputy Chief of Party trouble-shoot and problem-solve matters related to field operations, including contracting, payments, third-party monitor management, and report production.
- Develop PowerPoint and ad hoc presentations of monitoring data as requested by USAID.
- Stand-in for specified functions or supervises interim MV&R staff as needed.
- Graduate degree in the field of evaluation, international development, or related technical field. At least seven years of international experience in the management of performance and operational context monitoring and verification services for USAID and other donor-funded development programs
- Experience developing monitoring tools, training, and managing staff in the effective use of these tools. Excellent English writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel to Yemen as needed. Fluency in English and Arabic required
- Knowledge of the Yemen development challenges, with experience working in unstable, conflict-prone, or post-conflict reconstruction environments.