Chief of Party, USAID Yemen Continuous Learning and Evaluation (YCLE) Project, Amman, Jordan.
Social Impact (SI) is pursuing the USAID/YCLE Project anticipated to provide a wide range of services to USAID to enable it to effectively monitor program performance and operational context; evaluate the performance and results of USAID/Yemen programs; and learn and adapt for improved effectiveness. This contract is expected to result in strengthened Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) systems at USAID/Yemen and enhanced MEL capacity of local entities to improve accountability and increase the use of evidence for programming, learning and adapting. YCLE will contribute to the U.S. Government’s goal in Yemen of “laying a stronger foundation for a durable peace” and ensuring continued alignment and adaptive management among all Mission activities by providing services across five components:
- Performance and Operational Context Monitoring and Verification Services;
- Evaluation Services; Surveys, Analysis, Assessments, and Reporting Services;
- Collaboration, Learning and Adaptive Management Services; and Program Support Services.
SI is seeking a seasoned Chief of Party who will serve as SI’s primary representative in the field to must be capable of representing MSI effectively to USAID, host country governments and other provide overall leadership for the implementation of the project while ensuring compliance with USAID requirements and regulations and SI’s policies and procedures. This is a five-year project scheduled to begin June 2020, the position is based in Amman, Jordan.
- Oversee fulfillment of all contract delivery requirements including reports.
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel and subcontractors to achieve project objectives and targets and ensure timely implementation.
- Oversee internal management of the project including budget, procurement, and security.
- Serve as the principal liaison with USAID, counterparts, and stakeholders.
- Minimum ten to 15 years of relevant experience with a proven track record of programmatic accomplishment and professional achievement.
- Master’s degree in public administration, international relations, economics, business administration, law or a related field.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively more responsible experience in program policy development in MEL preferably for USAID or another donor
- Thorough knowledge of the development and maintenance of M&E systems, including indicator development, data collection and analysis, data validation and audits, and performance reporting;
- Prior experience utilizing Geographic Information System, web-based reporting and database management in programmatic monitoring, coordination, and evaluation
- Prior experience as a remote Chief of Party, or its equivalent, is preferred
- Demonstrated strong leadership, management, resourcefulness, and integrity.
- English fluency required; Arabic skills a plus. Excellent English writing, speaking, and presentation skills. Willingness and ability to travel to Yemen as needed.
- Knowledge of the Yemen development challenges, with experience working in unstable, conflict-prone or post-conflict reconstruction environments.