Operations and IT Officer- Myanmar
Project Description:The Operations and IT Officer is an intermediate professional position at IFES providing operational and programmatic support to the IFES Myanmar office on a range of activities in the lead up to the 2020 elections. Specific duties will include administrative and financial management support and oversight, human resources, IT and program management support. This position is based in Yangon, Myanmar with the potential for frequent travel to other states and regions. Job Responsibilities:• Assist the Country Director and Senior Advisor to ensure the timely execution of project activities within the allocated budget, and strategic development and implementation.
• Support achievement of project requirements within budget, established time frame, standards of quality, and funder satisfaction.
• Support ongoing IT activities of IFES Myanmar including procurement, shipping and inventory of equipment.
• Support onging IT web-based needs of IFES Myanmar including supporting websites, social media engagement, e-learning tools, digital file system management, archive, etc.
• Support managing a small team of national staff, hold regular meetings and also provide feedback on progress of activities and their performance.
• In coordination with the Country Director and Senior Advisor, oversee program management, administration, finances, budgeting, compliance to IFES and donor rules, reporting and human resources coordination.
• Oversee any necessary procurement in accordance with IFES policies and USAID as well as non-USG rules and regulations.
• Troubleshoot project problems, identify and suggest creative solutions.
• Monitor pending IFES grant/contract actions and coordinate timely action and response.
• Participate in proposal development/new initiative process as needed.
• Provide input into annual workplans, PMPs, and other programmatic reports.
• Other duties as assigned. Qualifications:• Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree in international relations, political science, international development preferred.
• Minimum of 4 years of overall work experience in the international development or IT sector with INGO experience a plus.
• Experience with budget management and oversight of large single project or multiple small projects.
• Supervisory experience a plus.
• Experience with program design and project management.
• Demonstrated IT and social media experience.
• Knowledgeable on USAID, DFID, DFAT and other non-US based grant and contract proposals, regulations, and procedures.
• Familiarity with USAID, DFID, DFAT and other non-US structure and personnel as well as other international donors.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. Demonstrated past experience with report development or communications.
• Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation techniques preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: English required.
TRAVEL: Travel up to 15% of time.
“All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
IFES takes affirmative action with respect to the employment and promotion of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans. IFES will also take affirmative action on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.
IFES is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor”