Accounts Payable Accountant, Arlington, VA
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is seeking an experienced, full-time Accountant Payable (A/P) Accountant to support the accounts payable cycle to ensure accurate and timely payments. The A/P Accountant will work collaboratively with program staff to ensure data entered in the accounting system will generate accurate invoices.
- Reconcile Company Credit card payments.
- Review employees advances and expense reports in Expense module and import them to CostPoint after the approval.
- Review non-employees expense reports and invoices in CostPoint.
- Prepare CostPoint AP vouchers attaching supporting documentation.
- Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments.
- Perform and enter payment runs.
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions.
- Assist with month end closing.
- Review and respond on a regular basis to emails/inquiries came through A/P mailbox.
- Enter non-project finance related A/Ps into CostPoint.
- File A/P and bank payment files.
- Make bank deposits.
- Assist with other general accounting duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 1 year’s relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- As least one-year experience working in Accounting/Bookkeeping.
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint preferred.
- Knowledge of electronic accounting software/database; basic Excel and Word skills.
- Knowledge of the use of office machines and equipment.
- Knowledge of operating practices; policies and procedures of an accounting department; ability to understand and interpret pertinent policies and procedures clearly and accurately.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, business professionals, and the general public.
- Ability to project a positive, concerned image to the client (internal and external).
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Detailed oriented.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to work as part of a creative and committed team, while playing a role in the growth of our company and contributing toward advancing development effectiveness.
To apply, please visit our website: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA...
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.