Compliance and Governance Manager
The Compliance & Governance Manager will have responsibility for keeping World Vision Irelands policies and procedures up to date, and in line with the Charities Governance Code, and World Vision International and Donor Governance and Compliance policies. The successful candidate will be involved in data protection for World Vision Ireland, as well as acting as HR Officer with additional supports. The post holder will be responsible for identifying and managing organisational risk as well as ensuring compliance in procurement and contract and grant management procedures
· Working within World Visions Governance structures (including directly with Board Chair and Members) reviewing, analyzing, updating and ensuring implementation of current policy and governance standards ensuring compliance with legislative requirements.
· Working within World Visions Internal Audit structures to ensure internal controls are in place and working effectively. Creation of a sampling and testing audit calendar.
· Implementation and roll out of CRA Governance procedures for 2020
· Implement and respond to Donor audit findings and recommendations.
· Collate, review and provide information in response to Donor Audit requests.
· Preparation for World Vision Peer Review 2021.
· Reviewing data protection policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with GDPR rules and updating them as required.
· Identifying, measuring and managing risks and promoting a risk management culture in the organisation; maintaining and managing the risk register.
· Monitoring and ensuring procedures are in place to detect non-compliance with procurement procedures and overall contracts management.
· Analysing the external environment for policy or strategy changes that will impact on the governance of World Vision.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate must:
· A relevant third level qualification or equivalent experience
· Have substantial proven experience in a similar role
· Knowledge of governance within the non-profit or public service and be completely up to date with the CRA Code
· Demonstrate considerable experience in data protection, compliance and risk management
The successful candidate must:
· Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with many different stakeholders and demonstrate proven negotiation and influencing skills.
· Be a strategic thinker and have awareness of the political landscape
· Demonstrate the ability to work on own initiative as well as on project teams
· Have excellent planning and organisational skills and the ability to prioritise effectively and manage a significant workload.
· Possess exceptional written and communication skills.
· Display an observable track record of effective judgment, decision making, initiative, and problem solving.
· Have excellent attention to detail and a track record of delivering on targets and objectives.
· Show evidence of considerable critical analysis experience, with the ability to quickly grasp complex issues and communicate them effectively
· Post-graduate qualification
· Project management experience
· Experience in a regulatory environment.
Please send your applications to IrelandHR@WVEU.ORG