A PROGRAM COORDINATOR - MYANMAR, Sittwe
Country: Myanmar, based in Sittwe
This program is located in conflict sensitive environment, changing and challenging context, internal Displace camps.
There is a large sized team (5 expatriates minimum and around 250 national staff) and large size and scope of programs.
The program is implemented in multiple districts of Rakhine state including some with restricted access which implies remote management (1 main base in Sittwe plus 4 sub-bases / field offices in Maungdaw, Buthidaung, Thet Kay Pyin and Minbya).
Length of contract: 12 months, starting on 15th of November 2019
You are responsible to lead the implementation of Action Against Hunger’s Food Security and Livelihood (FSL), Nutrition, Mental Health and Care Practices (MHCP) and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WaSH) integrated programs, the overall management of Program Team and provide support to the Field Coordinator.
More precisely, you will be in charge of:
Coordinating the overall implementation of FSL, Nutrition, MHCP and WaSH integrated program
Managing the Program Team at field level
Facilitating the external and internal coordination within the Organization at program and support level
Ensuring the quality, accountability and impact measurement process of the program
Contributing to the identification of need and the formulation of on-going and upcoming project proposal
Contributing to gender equality mainstreaming
Do you fit with the position?
- You hold an University degree in international development, social sciences or equivalent, with at least 3 years of field experience with INGOs.
- You have proven ability to work independently under pressure with tight deadlines, you are pragmatic and results oriented, creative and out of the box thinker.
- You are recognized for your flexibility and you are able to adapt quickly to fast pace complex dynamics and changing context.
- You are able to manage competing priorities, large teams and large size and scope of programs / operations.
- You are capable of travelling on field trips and living in remote areas and you have cultural sensitivity and experience working in conflict sensitive areas.
- You have experience in external representation and external coordination and experience in working in unstable security and tense administrative contexts.
- You are an excellent communicator, good listening and negotiation skills, and team player.
- You have strong skills in advanced programme cycle management skills including programme planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation; skills in budget management and donor reporting/ accountability/ compliance;
- You have ability to contribute timely to project proposals and high-quality reports;
- You have experience in working within multi-partner consortium and with local partners
- You demonstrate personal commitment in promoting Gender Equality and ACF Gender Minimum Standards
- You are fluent in English written/spoken is compulsory
Status: Long-term contract, provided by ACF according to the French legislation.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Program Coordinator, responsible for ensuring the integrated implementation of ACF operations in Rakhine State. Flexibility and open-mindedness will be key, as the position requires the capacity to manage several Program Managers (Nutrition, MHCP, FSL, WASH/DRR) and to ensure a continuous and efficient collaboration between them and with support departments, all the while coordinating closely with the Field Coordinator Rakhine.
The Program Coordinator will support the Program Managers in program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation. S/he will ensure proper budget management and compliance with donor's guidelines.
This position calls for an experienced team leader/manager/coordinator, familiar with multicultural working contexts and strongly motivated to support other members of the team.
Remuneration and benefits :
- Monthly gross salary from 1805€ to 2305€ upon experience.
- Per diem and living allowance: 155€ + 277€ (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
- + Child allowance, limited to 5 children.
Transportation and accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- 20 RnR per year.
- 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 3 months).
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference (Thailand).
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Opportunity of coaching or mentorship.
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
To apply, please visit our website: https://recrutement.actioncontrelafaim.org/positions/view/4410/A-Program...