About the Position:
The Program Assistant provides administrative, financial, and operational support for EAI programs under the supervision of the Program Manager. The Program Assistant will perform administrative tasks and support troubleshooting complex operational matters requiring prior experience, education, or training. This role will offer the opportunity to learn and apply competencies in the areas of project management, financial/technical support, and proposal development. The Program Assistant will support different projects in the EAI project portfolio. This position is also subject to special duties and assignments as designated by the direct supervisor.
· Performs duties and responsibilities consistent with understanding of client requirements, and within the quality standards set by the immediate supervisor.
· Assists in support of and communication with field teams. Ensures EAI’s reputation with field staff by addressing their inquiries and needs promptly. Researches and recommends solutions to resolve a variety of issues including personnel and financial matters as appropriate.
· Provides support on contract-related procurements, accounting and budgets monitoring, long-term and short-term personnel, publications, travel, report formatting, success stories drafting, and other relevant matters.
· Uses judgment and understanding of EAI policies and relevant contract regulations to process expense reports, and complete required internal forms.
· Establishes and maintains HQ project electronic files and keeps filing system list updated. Copies and properly files all project correspondence and documents.
· Ensures all activities are done in accordance with EAI policy and client regulations. Carries out coordination tasks with proper EA HQ staff in support of assigned projects, such as banking, post office deliveries or pickups, project purchases, and other miscellaneous tasks.
· Assists in recruitment of short and long-term staff by identifying and recommending a short-list of candidates to consider for assignments.
· May serve as primary contact for short-term consultants on administrative items. Ensures inquiries and needs are promptly addressed to continue a positive relationship between consultants and EAI.
· Maintains tracker of all personnel (including long-term and short-term consultants), project reports, and deliverables.
· Performs other project management and contact administration duties as required.
· Maintains budget monitoring, updates operating budgets, level of effort utilization, invoices, subcontractors’ costs, expense reports, deliverables, etc., to monitor compliance with contract and EA policies.
· Tracking and reviewing program spending, and provide timely updates to direct supervisor
Technical & Learning
· Obtains and assimilates knowledge of projects, the countries, and regions relevant for work assignments.
· Provides basic technical information to support projects, business development efforts, EAI’s knowledge base and other work products, as requested by supervisor and colleagues.
· Provides support in the review and editing of annual work plans as well as M&E plans, and ensure technical activities are implemented on time and within the allocated budget.
· Support the development of contract deliverables and other work products in compliance with EAI and client standards.
· Participates on proposals by providing research, writing, coordination, and administrative support.
· Begins to develop and maintain productive relationships with clients, vendors, partners, and consultants that serve to enhance EAI’s reputation.
Other Duties and Special Assignments
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as required that may include administrative and project management tasks.
· Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in relevant technical competency area, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
· Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience preferred, with demonstrated ability to handle administrative tasks.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
· Experience living or conducting volunteer work in developing countries strongly preferred
· Proficiency in French highly preferred
· Strong administrative skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Knowledge of US government-funded programs and the respective applicable contract regulations preferred.
EAI offers a competitive salary, benefits and the opportunity to join a growing, innovative, international team. To apply, please send your CV along with a detailed cover letter providing specifics on how your background meets the qualifications as well as reasons for your interest in becoming a member of the EAI Team. Please send this information to: email@example.com. In the subject line of the email please include “Program Assistant 2019 - YourName”. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis; however, applications are preferred by November 28, 2019.
Applications that do not make the proper subject notification in the email or provide the requested information will not be reviewed. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Equal Access International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants must have the right to work in the U.S. Equal Access does not provide sponsorship.