Communications & Graphics Design Intern - Geneva
BACKGROUND ON IMPACT
IMPACT Initiatives is a humanitarian NGO, based in Geneva, Switzerland. The organisation manages several initiatives, including the REACH Initiative. The IMPACT team comprises specialists in data collection, management and analysis and GIS. IMPACT was launched at the initiative of ACTED, an international NGO whose headquarter is based in Paris and is present in thirty countries. The two organizations have a strong complementarity formalized in a global partnership, enabling IMPACT to benefit from ACTED’s operational support on its fields of intervention.
We are currently looking for a Communications & Graphics Design Intern to support our team in Geneva.
Position: Communications & Graphics Design Intern
Contract duration: 6 months
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Starting Date: ASAP
Remuneration: 1’050 CHF
Under the supervision of the Communications Officer, the Communications & Graphics Design Intern will support in a variety of activities from content production to organisational support.
Supporting in the review of IMPACT’s organizational visual identity by:
- Revising the organization’s graphic charter strategically in order to lead content creation;
- Supporting, advising and helping develop the communication strategy of the organization;
Leading a content creation project destined to enhance IMPACT’s external engagement by:
- Designing infographics and other types of informative visuals to showcase our work;
- Suggesting new appropriate formats of graphic design for our communication activities.
Strengthening the internal communication of IMPACT by
· Supporting in the development of tools and templates for the use of teams in the HQ as well as in the field.
- Studies communications, design and has an interest for the humanitarian field;
- Is currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree;
- Has strong writing, communications, publishing and editing skills;
- Has excellent written and spoken command of English and French;
- Has excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and especially Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and is capable of creating visuals based on vision provided by senior team members;
- Is passionate about communications and innovative ways of sharing and creating information;
- Has experience and a passion to learn of copy-writing, editing, marketing and humanitarian communications;
- By the end of this internship, the intern will be able to showcase the full extent of how he developed the visual identity for a humanitarian NGO;
- Showcase the quality of his work through the numerous design outputs that he created that will be available online;
- Gain serious professional experience in leading a project of content creation;
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Please apply on the following link: