Project Manager - IRAQ
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organization with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organization was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programs in more than 55 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
For further information about the organisation: www.hi.org
Handicap International (HI) started its activities in Iraq in 1991.
HI’s strategy in Iraq includes 3 main components:
• Long-term development projects: support to civil society, access to services, awareness campaigns;
• Emergency response for Internally Displaced Persons and vulnerable host communities (provision of physical rehabilitation and psychosocial and psychological support services, support to local structure, trauma response, inclusion, protection assessments);
• Mine Action: risk education, victim assistance, survey and clearance of contaminated areas.
The current operations are implemented through direct intervention in Ninewa, Kirkuk and, Diyala and Baghdad Governorates, and in Central Iraq through partners. HI currently has a country coordination office in Erbil, three field offices in Mosul, Kirkuk with sub office in Kalar and Khanaqin Baghdad. and a support office in Suleymaniah.
The Ninewa response grew significantly in 2017, evolving in a very complex and challenging context. Mosul city faced heavy destruction and Over 1.6 million people remain internally displaced in Iraq, 287,856 of which are in Ninewa governorate, with over 1,677,912 returnees.
HI works in camps with mobile teams and in health centers to implement emergency physical rehabilitation activities, psychosocial and psychological support, inclusion and risk education activities. HI is also delivering an early recovery project in schools, focused on building community-based RE and PSS structures. This position provides an exciting opportunity to manage a comprehensive multi sector response at a key moment as the humanitarian response focuses on recovery and reconstruction.
The Project Manager in Ninewa will be responsible for implementation and monitoring of a multi-sectorial projects that includes outreach physical rehabilitation and MHPSS, technical support to governmental health facilities and Risk Education sessions reaching IDPs living in Ninewa Camps and community settings, , as well as host communities,. Projects are a continuation of the activities that began as the emergency response following conflict in Mosul.
Under the direct responsibility of the Field Coordinator and in close link with the Deputy Operations Coordinator, the Operations Coordinator and the Technical Unit, you will be responsible for:
• Ensuring the implementation and the monitoring of the projects
• Managing and ensuring guidance of the personnel under your responsibility
• Ensuring external representation in relevant sector meetings and working groups
• Ensuring reporting on project progress with quantitative and qualitative Data
• Ensuring project expenditure is in line with the proposed budget
* A complete job description will be shared with shortlisted candidates.
• A Bachelor degree in International Relations, Humanitarian Project Management, Health Care Management, Health Economics
• Middle Eastern Studies, Humanitarian Assistance, Social or Health Sciences or a relevant subject, is mandatory
• A Master’s degree in any of these fields is a strong asset
• At least 4 years of professional experience in humanitarian / emergency contexts
• At least 2 years of professional experience of project management
• Experience of working in insecure and hardship environments
• Proven managerial experience -Proven representation experience
• Previous coordination experience with healthcare facilities, local authorities, INGOs and clusters is a strong asset
• Previous experience in Iraq or in another Middle Eastern country is a strong asset
• Experience in projects with rehabilitation care, and/or psychosocial support , and/or Risk Education is a strong asset
• Understanding of case management in the health sector would be beneficial
• Previous experience with HI is an asset
• Good understanding of HR, logistics and financial procedures;
• Strong internal and external coordination and representation skills
• Strong communication skills -Ability to work under high pressure
• English mandatory (oral and written)
• High level of autonomy and initiative
• Strong team management skills
• Arabic would be a strong asset
• Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
• Strong writing and reporting skills
• Ability to work in a tense context with strict security measures
• Flexible and adaptable
• Starting date: January 2020
• Length of the contract: 6 months
• Salary starting from 2214 € (gross) / month, adjusted regarding the experience of the candidate
• Perdiem: 510,57 € (net)
• Hardship allowance: 500 € (net)
• Insurances: medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
• Paid holiday: 25 days per year
• R&R : 5 days every 3 months
• Status: unaccompanied position
• Housing: collective housing fully covered by HI
Only online by sending your Resume and Cover letter via the following link:http://www.jobs.net/j/JVfNYnbw?idpartenaire=136