Prosper Africa Senior Communications Advisor
Opportunity in Washington, DC
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has contracted through ZemiTek partnered with CAMRIS International, to recruit and hire qualified individuals for the following position:
Title: Prosper Africa Senior Communications Advisor
United States Agency for International Development/Bureau of Africa/Office of Sustainability and Development/Prosper Africa Executive Secretariat
With more than 30 years’ experience providing information technology (IT) and management consulting services worldwide, Rosa Caldas, formed ZemiTek in 2007. Based in the Washington, DC metro area, ZemiTek delivers solutions to the federal government by supporting agencies such as USAID, US Patent and Trademark Office, US Department of Justice, US Department of Agriculture, and Department of Homeland Security, among others; and internationally to their missions in Africa, Asia, Europe and Eurasia, Latin America, the Caribbean, and the Middle East.
CAMRIS International realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective programs and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, CAMRIS combines proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world.
The PAES seeks a Senior Communications Advisor to provide strategic communications advice and leadership as part of the PAES team as it coordinates, synchronizes, convenes, monitors, and reports on interagency members' Prosper Africa-related trade and investment efforts to substantially increase two way trade between the United States and African countries. As a critical member of the PAES, the Senior Advisor will report to the Executive Secretary of PAES and will support the Coordinator and Deputy Coordinator, providing guidance to PAES staff on the full range of internal and external communications functions. The Senior Advisor will lead the development and implementation of and provide expert oversight on a communications strategy and related materials (e.g., briefers, fact sheets, talking points and speeches) for the USG Prosper Africa initiative, and will be responsible for providing guidance and direction on, and contributing to the drafting, collecting, investigating, managing, and distributing information associated with the Prosper Africa initiative, including serving as the PAES primary point of contact and liaison for information requests.
* Serves as the principal contact to review, develop, draft, maintain, and disseminate information related to the Prosper Africa initiative, including brochures, speeches, talking points, website content, to a range of external and internal audiences;
* Coordinates with PAES staff and inter-agency colleagues to inform USG teams, both in the United States and overseas about Prosper Africa through establishing working groups, briefers, presentations, events, and other channels;
* Establishes a network of donor and U.S. agency representatives to collect and share information about the development of Prosper Africa;
* Actively seeks and develops opportunities for USG participation in high-impact external events in the United States and Africa, and guides and coordinates logistics related to events;
* Collaborates as necessary with interagency Communications Teams in Washington, DC, Africa Field Offices, and US Regional Offices, to develop, collect, and disseminate economic trade and investment information and materials;
* Oversees and drafts weekly and other regular internal PAES/USG and external public updates, and contributes to briefing materials in support of the participation of senior USG officials at Prosper Africa inter-Agency meetings;
* Develops and oversees the maintenance of a Prosper Africa calendar of events for internal and external audiences to ensure awareness of events by all relevant stakeholders;
* Coordinates responses to public, Congressional and other inquirie s about the Prosper Africa initiative as needed;
* Prepares and maintains a library of internal and external communication products on Prosper Africa' s efforts and results on a variety of electronic systems (e.g., Google drive and gov) following USAID's communication protocols.
* Master's degree in a relevant field including jou rnalism, communications, international relations, or related relevant experience.
* Ten years' experience in the communications field, planning, writing, editing, and producing communications through a variety of print and online media, with new media technology utilization, with at least two (2) years' experience in an international setting.
* Demonstrated experience in managing a comprehensive strategic communications program to advance an organization's mission and goals.
* Demonstrated skills in graphic design, desktop publishing, website management, and other related computer applications.
* Demonstrated experience in launching complex new USG initiatives or activities.
* Demonstrated experience in working in the USG interagency.
* Proven creativity in the utilization of new media technologies for internal communication purposes.
* Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
* Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team player who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical intiatives.
* Exceptional written and oral presentation and interpersonal Demonstrated ability to convey messages through clear and concise writing.
* Ability to travel internationally approximately 10% of the time.
* U.S. Citizenship required with the ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
* This position is telework eligible.
If your resume is selected for further review, you will be asked to provide a writing sample from your past work (e.g., a communications plan, or similar) that reflects your experience relevant to this position.