Technical Advisor, Education
Technical Advisor, Education will provide technical advice, guidance, and support to a wide range of program design and implementation issues with a focus on larger projects in the area of education in line with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices to regional and Country Program (CP) teams to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your technical knowledge, advice and guidance will contribute to determining how effective, adaptive and innovative CRS' education programming is across the globe.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
* Contribute to the development and implementation of agency-wide strategies, standards, tools, and best practices in education that effectively engage partners, donors and governments. Help ensure a cross-sectoral approach integrating gender, protection mainstreaming, and disaster risk reduction.
* Provide technical solutions to regional and CP teams, remotely and on-site, for strategic planning and how to best apply program design and implementation standards, best practices, partnership principles, tools, and M&E, ensuring high-quality implementation.
* Lead technical guidance and support efforts globally for one of the thematic areas recently identified under CRS' (draft) education strategy: inclusion; school health and nutrition; family/ community engagement; teacher professional development/responsive pedagogy; and/or education in emergency/fragile contexts.
* Contribute to regional and CP efforts to pre-position CRS for growth opportunities in education. Lead or contribute to the development of the technical design for large and/or complex proposals, including defining appropriate monitoring systems and indicators. Advise project teams on integrating donor strategies, priorities and technical requirements into CRS' approach.
* Contribute to capacity strengthening initiatives in education programming for staff and partner through helping to develop learning and training strategies and agendas/curriculums, conducting trainings and workshops, and mentoring and coaching to CP staff.
* Contribute to knowledge management and learning through collecting and analyzing program data, evaluating strategic projects, assisting with measuring program impact, capturing and sharing lessons learned and best practices, and research and internal reports.
* Establish and maintain relationships with donors, peer organizations, research and other institutions. Participate in forums in the area of education to collect and share best practices and promote CRS' work.
* Master's Degree in education, international development, or other relevant field required.
* Minimum of five years relevant international working experience in an advisory or management role with progressive responsibilities, ideally with an international NGO, with minimum of three years working for programming interventions in education.
* Previous experience providing technical assistance and developing successful proposals for external donor funding is required.
* Specific experience in one or more of the following thematic areas within education: inclusion; school health and nutrition; family/ community engagement; teacher, professional development/responsive pedagogy; and/or education in emergency/fragile contexts.
* Knowledge and experience in child protection and psycho-social support, highly preferred.
* Experience in business development, project design and proposal development in education, including technical writing.
* Experience in mentoring, coaching, facilitation and training applying adult learning principles and practices.
* Experience with program monitoring and evaluation, including applying data collection tools and methodologies, data analysis, and data presentation.
* Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society Understanding of partnership principles.
Required Languages -- French, Spanish, or Arabic preferred.
Travel - up to 25%.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.