External Project Proposal Writer
Name of position: External Project Proposal Writer
Length of engagement: Flexible
Type of position: Flexible
Place of employment: N/A
Start date: asap
II. Organizational context
Caritas Czech Republic (CCR) is a non-profit non-governmental organization with field activities implemented worldwide (Europe, Asia, Middle East and Africa) and an extensive social services programme in the Czech Republic assisting more than 100,000 clients. CCR is a member of the international network of the Caritas Internationalis and cooperates with a number of international and local partners.
External Project Proposal Writer (EPPW) will cooperate with CCR HQ Desk Officers, Heads of Missions other staff and project partners on development of new projects proposals. His / her specific tasks will be as follows:
· Conduct desk research, collect and analyze data supplied by CCR field staff and prepare problem analysis;
· Based on problem analysis, design project logical framework complying with donor requirements;
· In line with the project design, seek project partners and negotiate their involvement in the project;
· Design project activities, conduct risk analysis and prepare other project document chapters as per donor requirements.
· Prepare project budget.
IV. Required qualifications and competencies
· Proven experience in writing project proposals for institutional donors (EU Commission, ECHO, USAID etc.);
· Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written);
· Excellent analytical skills;
· Logical thinking;
· Creativity and independent thinking;
· Ability to deliver high quality concise written outputs;
· Ability to meet deadlines.
· Familiarity with one or more of CCR priority countries or regions (Mongolia, Georgia, Moldova, Balkans, Middle East, Cambodia, Zambia);
· Familiarity with one or more of CCR priority sectors (livelihoods, agriculture and rural development, health care, social services, sustainable management of natural resources, emergency response).
V. What we offer
· Negotiable remuneration based on results;
· Flexible working time;
· Long-term cooperation;
· Possibility to join CCR as core-staff member in future.
The application must include a brief motivation letter, not longer than 1 page, maximum 4-page CV and an example of project proposal (or its significant part) produced by the applicant in the past.
The applications are reviewed on continual basis and a suitable candidate may be hired before the deadline. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. The deadline for submission is 30 November, 2019.
Contact us on email: firstname.lastname@example.org