Senior Finance Officer-Budgeting & Reporting:
Background/IRC Summary: The IRC has been active for over 30 months in “Syrian Refugee Humanitarian Assistance” project, and is continuing forward for an additional 12 months. The Musa’ada program works closely with Syrian partnerships, often Community-Based Organizations (CBOs) which are able to provide emergency aid to conflict-affected Syrians. IRC assistance is focused in primary health care (PHC) activities and medical product distributions. IRC takes part in the set-up of project activities, procurement and management of supplies and distribution as appropriate to local partnerships for onward delivery, and provide on-going technical assistance and accompaniment to local partners in emergency response management. The program will work with CBOs to strengthen their internal capacity to manage humanitarian interventions, foster their knowledge on humanitarian principles and SPHERE standards, and promote better coordination with other humanitarian actors working on the Syrian emergency response.
The IRC Jordan program was established in 2007 and is currently operating programs in Jordan and southern Syria with an annual budget of $36 million; approximately $25 million is for southern Syria. The IRC is currently providing humanitarian assistance in southern Syria in the sectors of protection, health and economic recovery and development through partnerships with Syrian NGOs and provision of life-saving relief items.
Job Overview/Summary: This position will be based in Amman and will assist the focal person for the IRC Jordan’s Budget and Grants Management function. This requires a motivated, flexible, problem-solving team-player with excellent analytical, communication skills and the ability to priorities activities and work to tight deadlines.
The (Senior Finance Officer –Budget & Reporting) assists the (Finance Manager -Budget & Reporting) by managing the day-to-day budget and grants management function. Under the guidance of the Finance Manager, the Senior Finance Officer makes sure the budget and grants management issues are immediately attended and that the donor budgets are prepared in accordance to IRC and donor requirements and are submitted on time. In addition, he/she will ensure that grants are fully implemented in compliance to donor regulations and IRC requirements and donor reporting is on time. He or she will develop budget management tools and conduct trainings to improve efficiency and donor reporting and compliance.
Country Office Annual Operating Budget
· Under the supervision of the Finance Manager, The Sr. Finance Officer will assist in preparing the Fiscal year Budget following the IRC standard format to meet the required deadlines.
· Ensure regular update of the Fiscal year budget that will serve as a guide for all new donor proposals as well help in times of rapid growth, decline of program to inform timely management decisions.
· Provide recommendations for funding shortfall or coverage for each component of the fiscal year budget.
New proposal Development
· The Sr. Finance Officer will prepare new budget under the supervision of the Finance Manager.
· Under the guidance of the Finance Manager, conduct a thorough preparation of existing grant budget revisions ensuring that all costs are covered and are not under/over budgeted in addition to correct use of the IRC and donor budget formats.
· Work with the Finance Manager for monthly Shared Program cost Allocation and update the monthly analysis sheet for all SPC accounts.
· Calculate and Insert the correct SPC for all new grants budgets.
Grant Management & Reporting
· Prepare the monthly Budget Versus Actual (BVA) reports and distribute on time.
· Provide monthly analysis for the budgeting and reporting manager on each grant after each month closing in order to give recommendation for the budget holders and to track the grants spending.
· Review the budget spending and advise relevant staff on spending status and ask for feedback on all over/under spending.
· Prepare and update spending plan for all active grants in conjunction with the appropriate budget holders.
· Review and update the commitments lists from SC, Admin& HR to be included in monthly BvA’s.
· Participate in the monthly Grant review meetings and present the spending status. Follow up on the action points based on the comments from the meeting.
· Attend and provide support in all grant opening, review and closing meetings.
· Provide support and feedback to Operations and Program managers for all questions regarding the BVAs.
· In compliance with donor requirements propose and prepare adjustments entries, attaching all supporting documents for finance records and posting into SUN system.
· Prepare the new budget line coding (T2 codes) for each new grant and update in SUN system.
· Preparing Donor Financial reports for all grants for review by the Finance Controller. Make sure the reports are in compliance to donor reporting formats and timely submitted as per contractual requirements.
· Provide Technical assistance when required to other IRC Country offices
· Update the staff salary mapping, follow up on SPCA table update and propose to FM for review and further approval
· Provide update on grant spending status.
· Provide analysis of grants spending plan vs. actual spending.
· Provide detailed analysis and tables for long term allocation
· Review PRs and advise charge codes.
· have a regular, head-to-head meetings with Program Managers to make sure they fully understand the budget and that proper action are been taken)
· Follow up / make sure that all budgets are uploaded on the BVA in the correct way and according to donor format
· Analyzing, monitoring and reporting/addressing all budget excesses
· Track the spending on SPCA/SPCE lines and provide quarterly analysis for the purpose of any budget amendments or new budgets
· Assist The Budget & Reporting Manager in conducting regular training sessions in Amman and other IRC field offices on Budget Management and donor regulations to Program, Operations and Finance staff.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Finance Manager / Budget & Reporting**
Position directly supervises:** -
Indirect Reporting: -
Finance Controller, Grants Department, as well other Finance, Program and support unit staff.
External to the Country Office: The Sr. Regional Controller, UK Office, IRC’s Program Field Coordinators and Program & Finance staff in other IRC offices managed through IRC Jordan office.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance, or equivalent technical training certificate in Accounting. Approximately 3 – 5 years of relevant working experience of accounting
Experience: Working experience on budget preparation, budget management and financial reports will be an added advantage. This job requires strong analytical skills to be able to make logical and strategic budget decision.
Skills and Abilities: Must be able to function comfortably in loosely structured but complex work environment, working and prioritizing multiple tasks. Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in English. Good supervisory, time management and interpersonal skills. Excellent computer skills. Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
Working Environment: This post will be based in Amman Office
Only Applicants who apply through the link will be considered :