Director of Events-Volunteer
We are looking for a successful and enthusiastic Director of Events to produce and manage the events of IWI from conception through to completion. You will supervise your staff through the planning and implementation of each event, while organising memorable events that meet quality expectations. This position will provide crucial support to the organisation to ensure the effective operations of the Events team, and IWI at a time of high growth.
At IWI, we do more than just facilitate projects; we are innovators, working with partners to educate the public, but more than anything we provide the tools and help pave the way for all women to thrive and enjoy the rights they, by virtue of being human, deserve. To achieve this goal, it is necessary to work within all IWI projects to identify additional opportunities to aid women. As the goal for IWI is to empower women, the Director of Events will work to raise funds to ensure opportunities to aid are not missed. Performed remotely.
▪ Plan, design and produce event while managing all project elements within time limits
▪ Liaise with vendors and donors to ensure project needs are being met
▪ Conduct market research, gather information and negotiate contracts prior to closing any deals
▪ Provide feedback and periodic reports to stakeholders
▪ Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality
▪ Organise facilities and manage all event’s details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc.
▪ Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations
▪ Specify staff requirements and coordinate their activities
▪ Coordinate closely with Communications to promote and publicise event
▪ Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
▪ Conduct pre- and post event evaluations and report on outcomes
▪ Research market, identify event opportunities and generate interest
▪ Proven event management experience
▪ Excellent time management and communication skills
▪ Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships
▪ Ability to manage multiple projects independently
▪ Willing to submit references from previous clients
▪ 3+ years successful event management experience
To apply, email CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org