Digital Engagement Officer-Volunteer
As the Digital Engagement Officer for IWI you will lead IWI's social media strategy in order to boost visibility and reader engagement. This involves managing IWI's online presence by developing a strategy, producing good content, analysing usage data, facilitating conversation and managing campaigns. Performed remotely.
▪ Develop a social media strategy and set goals to increase brand awareness and increase engagement
▪ Form key relationships with influencers across the social media platforms
▪ Collaborate with other teams, like marketing and sales to ensure brand consistency
▪ Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor reader reviews
▪ Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout)
▪ Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
▪ Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
▪ Understand the objectives of IWI, our target audience, and develop informative and engaging social media while also being mindful of search engine optimisation (SEO) techniques.
▪ Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including: Developing relevant content topics to reach IWI supporters. Create, curate, and manage all published content.
REQUIREMENTS • Minimum academic qualification: Bachelor's degree in graphic design, digital marketing or communication and a minimum of 2-3 years experience in web related marketing and development.
• 2+ years experience in a managerial/team leader role, preferably within the NGO or charity sector. Experience in managing advocacy and/or research projects relating to women’s rights would be considered an advantage.
• Be able to work efficiently with remotely based teams.
• Passionate about women’s rights and gender equality.
• Native/Bilingual in English.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills- approachable, diplomatic and a good sense of humour.
• Great attention to detail and ability to work within strict, often conflicting, deadlines.
• A self-starter.
• Fairly good knowledge of HTML, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Macromedia flash, MS- FrontPage etc or other similar software.
• Able to provide a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week
▪ A solid understanding of the use of a range of social media platforms, particularly in relation to advertising/branding and supporters
▪ Strong editing and writing skills suitable for each platform, from knowing how to write a successful tweet to using effective storytelling techniques
▪ Online community management and customer service skills to strike the balance between publicity and stimulating direct discussion with potential and actual followers
To apply please forward your CV & cover letter, or for more Information, email email@example.com