Corporate Engagement Officer-Volunteer
The Corporate Engagement Officer is responsible for raising various forms of capital from corporate partnerships including but not limited to human/intellectual, reputational/brand, and financial capital. The position provides the expertise to advance the work of IWI by identifying sources of support, proactively seeking opportunities to generate new sponsorships based on aligning corporate interests, and by maintaining strong communication ties with corporate donors and prospects. The Corporate Engagement Officer is responsible for identifying purpose-driven employee engagement opportunities and is a resource for companies to strengthen their corporate social responsibility (CSR) strategies. Performed Remotely
▪ Working closely with the Partnerships Team to create direct and coordinate corporate-related fundraising activities with special collaborative projects involving shared issues-based campaigns.
▪ Identify potential corporate donors and conduct research of current level and all points of engagement with IWI.
▪ Assist with the development of multi-level relationships with corporations, and strengthen and leverage those relationships for enhanced levels of funding.
▪ Help develop highly competitive proposals for corporate prospects and leverage diverse corporate goals and preferences in conjunction with IWI priorities and goals. Monitor and prepare proposals. Manage proposal deadlines and submissions.
▪ Identify purpose-driven employee engagement opportunities and is a resource for companies to strengthen their corporate social responsibility (CSR) strategies, talent acquisition and talent retention plans.
▪ Maintain a comprehensive schedule of contacts with corporate representatives, creating moves management plans related to them, compelling presentations, and comprehensive fundraising proposals.
▪ Identify, prioritise, develop, define, negotiate, and create – working cross functionally with other departments within IWI - customised corporate donor partnerships that support the mission of IWI
▪ Drives revenue: Results driven, with a focus on gaining the resources to support IWI's mission and collective impact-focused strategic objectives.
▪ Strategic relationship building: Develops and maintains strategic relationships that generate the financial resources necessary to support IWI's mission.
▪ Effective and engaging communicator: Passionate communicator, articulating the IWI message in a way that inspires others to act in service to the organisation.
▪ Embracing and managing change: Champions and facilitates change to ensure long-term programme sustainability and adapts successfully to changing needs while maintaining positive relationships with all constituents, internal and external.
▪ Entrepreneurial and innovative: Seeks creative new opportunities to generate revenue and other resources that add greater value to the organisation and our programmes.
▪ Demonstrated knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques, particularly in the area of corporate relations.
▪ Ability to initiate and build relationships with prospective corporate donors, and interact via telephone and in-person.
▪ Ability to work with and command the respect of C-suite executives, departments heads and other high-level donors and volunteers.
▪ Demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for diverse nature of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
To apply please forward your CV, cover letter and writing sample, or for more Information, email firstname.lastname@example.org