Procurement & Logistics Manager USAID/Vietnam Learns
Procurement & Logistics Manager
USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract
SI is implementing the new USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract. The scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and partners to implement more efficient, effective, and transparent programs by improving: (1) USAID and IP’s capacity to achieve expected results; (2) USAID’s understanding and tracking of project performance; and (3) collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA).
SI is seeking a full-time Procurement & Logistics Manager to oversee all aspects of procuring goods and services for the project’s office according to USAID and SI regulations. The Procurement & Logistics Manager will also coordinate and ensure provision of logistical and administrative support for all project activities throughout Vietnam. The Procurement & Logistics Manager position will be full-time, based in Hanoi, for the duration of the project.
**Please Note: This is a local position. Only Vietnamese citizens will be eligible to apply.
- Oversee all procurement activities on the project, provide advice, assistance, and follow-up on procurements, and ensure compliance with relevant procedures.
- Plan and support all logistics for monitoring activities, evaluation activities, and other project activities.
- Ensure smooth operations by coordinating with drivers, translators, interpreters, venues, caterers, suppliers, activity-specific logisticians, etc.
- Mobilize personnel and consultants by arranging travel and lodging.
- Maintain and update the project’s calendar of activities.
- Collaborate with technical and programmatic Vietnam Learns project staff SI-HQ to draft contracts with vendors and service providers.
- Draft Requests for Quotations/Proposals, coordinate proposal reviews, and write selection memos in accordance with USAID and SI policies.
- Foster and manage all relationships with vendors and service providers and ensure compliance with the terms of their contracts or service agreements.
- Assist the local Director of Finance & Administration in revising and reviewing legal documentation, such as leases and purchase orders.
- Liaise with Vietnamese government counterparts.
- Other responsibilities, as determined by the Director of Finance & Administration.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Three years of experience serving in a related position, overseeing logistics and procurement for an international development project
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Experience in conducting comparative cost analyses.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID procurement rules and regulations.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Proven capacity to take initiative and willingness to learn new skills as needed.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in negotiating vendor contracts (including price levels, terms of delivery, etc.) preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required.
- Coursework and certification in bookkeeping or other financial management preferred.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.