Human Resources (HR) Specialist/Recruiter USAID/Vietnam Learns
Human Resources (HR) Specialist/Recruiter
USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract
SI is implementing the new USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract. The scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and partners to implement more efficient, effective, and transparent programs by improving: (1) USAID and IP’s capacity to achieve expected results; (2) USAID’s understanding and tracking of project performance; and (3) collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA).
SI is seeking a full-time HR Specialist/Recruiter to oversee human resources for local and expatriate field office staff and conduct full-cycle recruitment for short-term consultant and long-term employee positions. This position is full-time, based in Hanoi, for the duration of the project.
**Please Note: This is a local position. Only Vietnamese citizens will be eligible to apply.
Human Resources Responsibilities:
- Onboard and offboard project employees, including arranging and conducting orientations for new staff and exit interviews.
- Set up employee benefits and payroll.
- Manage employee files and maintaining complete confidentiality.
- Ensure proper compliance and protocols are being followed per local labor laws, SI policies, and USAID/Vietnam policies.
- Develop HR programs, including employee engagement and professional development.
- Other responsibilities, as determined by the Director of Finance & Administration.
- Lead full-cycle recruitment of expat and Vietnamese consultant teams for monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities requested by USAID, typically within a two-week timeframe. This includes:
- Developing clear and thorough job advertisements and posting them to appropriate job boards and newspapers.
- Sourcing qualified candidates through various means; networking with partners to increase SI’s pool of candidates.
- Screening for candidate skills, background, and quality.
- Setting up interviews for qualified candidates with other project staff members.
- Recommending finalist candidates for each position.
- Gathering and organizing candidate documents: 1420 Biographical Data forms, references, CVs, letters of commitment, conflict of interest forms, and salary and education verification documents.
- Conducting verification of candidate references and salaries and referencing market data to determine and issue reasonable salary/rate offers.
- Tailoring candidate CVs and qualifications for presentation to USAID.
- Maintaining strong relationships between candidates, the Learns project, and SI.
- Ensuring the SI recruitment database, Taleo, is kept up to date with all candidate documentation, correspondence, interview notes, and statuses.
- Lead full-cycle recruitment when a replacement is needed for Vietnamese project employees.
- Work closely with SI-HQ’s recruitment team to ensure processes are being followed.
- An Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field required.
- At least five years of human resources experience, including recruitment, employee relations, HR, administration, performance management, and staff development, preferably with an international organization or company.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Must be fully comfortable and have prior experience using online applicant systems and candidate databases as a recruitment tool.
- Experience working with USAID-funded projects and verifying USAID Biographical Data forms preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Proven capacity to take initiative and willingness to learn new skills as needed.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Fluency in English is required.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.