Food Manager & Production Chef
Operation Blessing International (OBI), an international humanitarian relief and development organization, is seeking a highly skilled Production Chef & Food Manager to provide quality food preparation for mass distribution while managing safe food handling practices for OBI’s Mobile Kitchen and feeding operations. Meeting a critical need, this individual will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing preparations of large quantities of food within hours of a disaster to support staff, volunteers and first responders.
The successful individual will have the following qualifications:
· Minimum of 3 years experience in a commercial kitchen and/or catering operations for large groups of people
· Knowledge of federal agency guidelines and practices deriving from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, USDA Food Safety and Inspection Services, and the Food and Drug Administration and become familiar with various state and local health department requirements.
· Excellent knowledge, ability, and demonstrated practice producing high volumes of safe, high quality food in difficult surroundings and under challenging circumstances.
· Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish effective working relationships across diverse groups of people.
· Working knowledge of MS Office and internet
· Strong ability to assess resources, implement a plan and evaluate results
· Excellent decision making and organizational skills
· Self-starter with ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
· Ability to train and lead a team of staff or volunteers
· Ability to travel domestically on short notice and / or for extended periods of time
· Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend and lift up to 35 lbs.
· Must have valid driver’s license with a good DMV record.
· Ability to make credit card purchases for OBI as needed
· ServSafe Manager’s Certification
· Commercial Driver’s License (preferred) or the ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License
A Charity you can trust!
OBI is a nonprofit organization dedicated to demonstrating God’s love by alleviating human need and suffering in the United States and around the world. OBI provides strategic relief in 39 countries on a daily basis through core programs such as disaster relief, medical aid, hunger relief, vulnerable children and orphan care, clean water and community development.
Headquartered in beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia, OBI not only offers you a competitive salary and full benefits, it offers you an opportunity to make a global impact! This job will challenge you spiritually as well as professionally, rewarding your commitment to perform with integrity and excellence.
If you desire to make a difference in the lives of others, share our vision and purpose, we would like to hear from you! Visit our web site at www.ob.org to submit an online application. Resumes without applications will not be given full consideration.