Health and Nutrition Project Manager - SAFCER Response
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Founded over 65 years ago and now working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Disaster Management team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of crises-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
Here’s where you come in:
As Health and Nutrition Project Manager - SAFCER Response, you will provide sector technical leadership and management in project and proposal design, staff capacity building, quality assurance, evaluation and documentation for multiple health and nutrition projects under Southern Africa Food and Cyclone Emergency Response (SAFCER) in Mozambique.
- Essential: Medical qualification, such as Bachelor degree in Medicince (MD/MBBS, MBCHB), Nursing, Nutrition and/or Public Health qualification (international health).
- A Masters’ degree in any of these mentioned fields would be highly desirable.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
- Personal Security Training: Completed a recognized personal security course in the past 3 years. - Essential
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in a developing country in managing Disaster Response/Relief programs in health and nutrition involving strategy development, assessments, design, planning, implementation, budgeting, reporting, and evaluation and monitoring. - Essential
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written).
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 50% of the time within all provinces where SAFCER implements health and nutrition projects.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 30 OCT 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.