Director of Grants, Operations and Finance
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Program Delivery (PDEL) - Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Program Delivery Team, contributes to realizing this purpose by: Forging smart partnerships and treating all people with dignity and respect; Applying organizational policies and regulatory compliance appropriately and consistently; Facilitating team spirit among colleagues and promoting the organization through communications; Influencing decision makers through focused, relevant communications; Continually striving to learn and share knowledge and find small ways to make the workplace more enjoyable for all; Cultivating and harvesting innovation; Contributing to the organization’s ability to think and act strategically at all times; Inspiring and spreading our desired organizational culture across the global enterprise.
The Director of Grants, Operations and Finance (DGOF) is responsible for the overall management and provision of key support services, such as operational accounting, financial reporting, auditing, staff capacity building, office administration, information systems, procurement, grants management, operations and external relations. The DGOF will ensure that all projects managed by Pact Myanmar are implemented as per contractual agreements and maintain a high standard for the quality and integrity of project implementation.
The DGOF will also be a key member of Pact Myanmar’s Senior Management Team and will play an active role in the development and implementation of strategies and business policies. S/he will be responsible for promoting effective communication and coordination between and among sections and departments within the division and Pact Myanmar. S/he will also maintain effective working relationships with key partners, donors and government representatives at all levels and will represent Pact Myanmar as and when required.
- Staff Management
· Provide regular support and supervision to staff under direct line management. This includes (but is not limited to) the formulation of individual work plans (with agreed indicators of achievement) based on project work plans and/or job descriptions. It also includes regularly scheduled supervision and performance management meetings to assess progress against agreed outputs
· Build the technical and managerial capacity of staff under direct line management and delegate tasks for the efficient performance of activities
· As a key member of the senior management team, participate in the management of organizational policy and management decisions
· Participate in staff recruitment, induction planning and formulation of staff personal development plans
· Lead and coordinate the work plan of the Shared Services Department in coordination with relevant departments as necessary.
- General Financial Management
· Establishes proper financial management systems and processes that provide accurate, current and complete disclosure of financial transactions. Provides oversight and support to the finance team::
To ensure that all transactions are recorded in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles supported by relevant and verifiable source documents.
To ensure that disbursements are reviewed for allowability and properly allocated to projects
To ensure that monthly account reconciliations are performed and appropriate plans are put in place and executed, as applicable, to resolve unreconciled differences.
To ensure the timely preparation and submission of a monthly financial report and supporting narrative on current project status, and documenting the monthly review of the financial performance of those activities under her oversight (including monitoring cash balances, subgrantee activities, and reviewing aged receivables and accrued liabilities).
Vetting of the subaward matrix on a monthly basis with regard to obligations made and outstanding, reconciling advances and related liquidations of expenses with the accounting system and related grants reports, and ultimate financial oversight of subaward closeout and potential funds recovery.
Drafting periodic non-USG donor reports and related invoices for DC review and approval prior to submission to the donor and in accordance with the agreed schedule.
· Monitor Pact Myanmar’s annual budgets and long-term financial projections and make analysis available to relevant staff
· Design and implement sound internal control system to safe guard assets, financial records and documents of the organization, and in compliant with Pact and donors rules and regulations
· Ensure that cost share report is regularly updated and available for senior management and DC office and for reporting to the donor. Provide an analysis report to country Director and each program units about the status of the cost share.
· Monitor proper management of cash flow ensuring Pact Myanmar liquidity at all times. This includes preparation of cash flow forecasts on monthly and quarterly basis and planning for timely preparation and replenishment for partners and others.
· Supervise Pact Myanmar’s computerized financial management and accounting system. Expected to keep abreast of developments in accounting and financial management software and practices.
· Review the Project Status Reports (PSRs) on a monthly basis, and provide the Country Director, SPM CEO, Programs Director, COP, and other Program Managers and other relevant stakeholders with up-to-date financial status information and pipeline projections to ensure that project spending is in line with the budget and workplan
· Ensure the cooperation of the Finance Department with other departments/units and to prepare realistic financial forecasts and secure adequate and timely financing
· Continuously evaluate the appropriateness of the existing financial management system and/or approaches and propose changes for improvement
· Update Pact Myanmar financial policy and accounting procedures and ensure they are in line with the standard Pact Country Office Accounting Manual.
· Liaises and ensure good relationships with the all concerned ministries and is in compliance with all government requirements & regulations.
· Keeps updates Master Copies of all MOUs, Registration Documents, Letters of Permission and other related documents and ensures HQ office has updated versions.
· Meets and follows up on all permission requests (visas, permits, MOUs, etc.)
· Lead regular scheduled meetings with relevant members of the general accounting and grants & finance teams, participate in wider coordination meetings (as per the agreed organizational meeting schedule).
· In collaboration with other department heads, promote effective communication and coordination across the organizational structure and country programs.
· Promote coordinated monitoring visits to project sites, sub-offices and partners (as per agreed schedule with relevant department.
· Design, supervise, and approve 3-month action plans in preparation for audits of individual projects and Shared Country Office operations.
- Grants and Compliance Coordination
· Administer the full cycle of grants management activities from a contractual compliance and financial management perspective, including: review of grantee’s financial reports, issuance of modifications, monitoring and oversight of activities and performance, resolution of disputes, resolving audit findings and closeout of grants.
· Work with program staff to facilitate solicitation/selection of potential grantees, contractors and consultants.
· Ensure proper negotiation of the terms and conditions and documentation for sub-agreements in coordination with the donor and Pact policy.
· Develop contract and grant award documents and procure signature from Country Director or HQ’s Director of Grants & Contracts.
· Liaise with program, finance, G&C regional and home office to manage and monitor all sub-agreements to ensure compliance with the donor rules and Pact policy.
· Ensure that required sub-award documents are properly maintained and safeguarded.
· Respond to compliance inquiries with terms and conditions under prime award and Pact policy; when needed, prepare requests for donor approval, in cooperation with HQ.
· Review partners’ cost-share reports and track reporting on cost share obligations.
- Operations Coordination
· Oversee grantee financial and contractual performance as per donor and Pact policies.
· Provide policy guidance and interpretation of Pact policy and donor rules to Pact staff and grantees.
· In collaboration with policy holders, provide coaching and capacity assistance to Pact Yangon and field staff and partner staff, as needed, in understanding and adhering to donor and department policies and procedures.
· Donor branding and marking compliance checks.
- Strategic Planning and Leadership
· Participate as part of the Senior Management Team in the management of organizational policy and management decisions, and ensure that policies and procedures (new and existing) are respected along the program implementation
· Work as part of the Senior Management Team in country strategy and policy formulation
· Advise the Country Director and SMT on latest developments and news about Myanmar to ensure that appropriate actions are taken in time
· Assist the Country Director in addressing issues related to strategic decisions, program advancement, and government relations
· Provide technical support to Pact’s on-going projects, and lead the set-up of new projects while the new project team is getting in place
- External Coordination
· Represent Pact Myanmar in key internal and external meetings, as and when required
· Represent Pact at National-level advocacy and coordination with the Government of Myanmar
· Engage with counterpart government departments in Nay Pyi Taw, both directly in country office-related aspects, and in close collaboration with respective program personnel for other program aspects
· Serve as focal liaison in MoU-related negotiations and other aspects related to the Union Ministry of Health and Sports, and the Union Ministry of Social Welfare, Relief and Resettlement of the GoM
· Work with Senior Management Team for exploring and setting up new relations with potential government stakeholders.
- Office Administration, Logistical and Procurement Management
· Supervises Deputy Director of Administration and Finance and ensures that s/he properly carries out his/her responsibilities
· Ensure Admin policies and procedures are in line with best practices and compliant with Pact global policies.
· Oversees management of all office premises, expatriate housing and vehicles.
· Oversees the visa and other immigration requirements of ex-pat staff
· Overseas the travel and logistical arrangements for international visitors.
· Ensure that travel and other logistical arrangements for staff operate effectively
· Acts as Pact Representative in dealing with government ministries/line departments and the NGO community in relation to his/her Administrative duties.
· Coordinates and facilitations competitive bids.
· Ensure procurement and property management policies and procedures are in line with best practices and compliant with Donor and Pact global policies.
· Negotiates, with the cooperation of appropriate staff, acquisition funding mechanisms, including consultant agreements, contracts, purchase orders and other agreements necessary for programmatic activities and functioning of the office.
· Maintains property inventory list and ensures physical inventories are undertaken as required by Pact policy. Ensures equipment and property are properly insured.
- IT Management
· Ensure IT policies and procedures are in line with best practices and compliant with Pact global policies.
· Ensure staff are compliance with IT procedures and new IT instructions
· Oversee and ensure the proper functioning and maintenance of the office information technology hardware and software.
· Ensure that the server/database and internet/email connection are properly set up and installed and appropriate to support the size of Pact staff
· Oversee and ensure the proper functioning and maintenance of all office equipment.
· Ensure system for back-up and security of IT data is up-to-date and of the highest standard.
· Represent Pact Myanmar in key internal and external meetings when required.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Country Director.
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP financial reporting along with USG contract terminology and policies with strong financial accounting, modeling and analytic skills to ensure accurate and timely reporting and analysis of information to management
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial software and accounting systems for reporting purposes and proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook and other computer-based applications
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of program management, operational management and coordination, and government relations at national level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to articulate results and recommendations of analysis to a variety of audiences within the organization (for example laterally across peers, and upward to senior management)
- Strong interpersonal skills ability to work across organizational boundaries
- High energy, self-starter with drive and confidence to get tasks accomplished
- Must be detail oriented, but can easily grasp the "big picture"
- Deadline oriented
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Experience in financial management of US Government awards and subawards a must.
- BA/BS (or equivalent) in accounting, finance or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years comparable financial management experience required; 10 years of directly related financial experience in conjunction with management experience may be considered.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in human resource management, procurement and property management and office administration, preferably with an international non-profit organization
- Ability to coordinate teams and provide supervision and mentoring to multiple staff.
- Experience with bilateral / multilateral donors a plus.
- Experience with USAID program implementation.
- QuickBooks and Microsoft Serenic Navigator a plus.
- Relevant post-graduate degree preferred.
- Audit experience preferred.
- Professional experience in the region or knowledge/experience of similar setting is highly desirable.
- An interest in international development a plus
- Ability to communicate in English and Burmese, including the ability to articulate results and recommendations of analysis to a variety of audiences within the organization
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
Please apply here at https://careers-pactworld.icims.com/jobs/1305/director-of-grants%2c-oper...