FRANCE – CASH-BASED INTERVENTION EXPERT – PARIS
Country and Base Assignment: France/Paris and home-based
Start Date: ASAP
Contract duration : 3 months
ABOUT THE MISSION …
In the perspective of setting-up and/or scaling-up cash transfer interventions, Solidarités International is seeking a Cash Expert to support the institutional technical strengthening on Cash and Vouchers Assistance (CVA).
He/she will support SI technical unit in the formalization and/or revision of internal cash and vouchers procedures, with the aim to respond effectively and timely to major emergencies and post-crises interventions in the world.
He/she specifically will guarantee the quality of CVA programs approaches and methodologies, in respect with SI logistics, audit and financial procedures as well as security rules, and in alignment with international standards.
He/she will contribute to the process of internal capitalization and the improvement of Solidarités International methods and processes for CVA interventions, including the operational monitoring of cash projects.
He/she will contribute to elaborate an institutional capacity building plan for all SI staff at HQ and mission levels on CVA and market-based programing.
As a cash expert, he/she will be a member of a dynamic, experienced and multi-sector specialized team covering a variety of technical humanitarian fields including food security and livelihoods, WASH, shelter, protection and MEAL.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Support SI in developing and standardising cash and vouchers approaches, procedures and tools
- Support the development of the institutional capacity building strategy on CVA programing
Support SI in developing and standardising cash and vouchers approaches, procedures and tools
- Map and analyse the existing SOPs, activity sheets, program reports and other technical documentation, and extract lessons learnt on CVA
- Develop, adapt and refine guidelines, SOPs, tools and templates for all operational aspects of cash based interventions (MPCG, conditional cash, vouchers), integrating an analytical framework and a toolbox including feasibility and risk assessment, market assessment and analysis, selection and implementation of modalities of intervention and delivery mechanisms, distribution process and MEAL strategy
- Ensure the quality criteria and performance indicators of CVA programs are taking into account
- Work with SI support colleagues in logistics, finance, audit and security to develop CVA procedures that respect accountability, security and finance requirements and criteria
- Ensure beneficiary gender sensitive approach and data protection throughout the project cycle, working in conjunction with the protection and Meal team
- Ensure that CVA procedures meet established international norms and standards
Support the development of the institutional capacity building strategy on CVA programing
- Contribute to elaborate the capacity building plan and good practices dissemination at HQ and mission levels, in relation with the colleague in charge of the institutional knowledge building
- Map and analyse the internal and external existing training modules and tools
- Develop and refine technical modules on CVA & markets for the PAD (preparation for departure) and potential others canals (webinar, etc.)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience within the humanitarian field of cash transfer interventions
- Qualification in Humanitarian, Development, Economics or Sociology or any other related fields to CVA interventions
- Significant experience (at least 3 years) in designing, setting up, operating and coordinating cash transfer programmes in multiple contexts (e.g. humanitarian, development, rural, urban, remote/hard to access), and for all types of CVA modalities (including electronic cash transfers)
- Knowledge of relevant technical standards and evolving best practices in CVA
- Strong knowledge and field experience of market assessment and analysis to design and inform programmes
- Experience with feasibility and risk assessments for CVA
- Experience in developing MoUs, service provider agreements and contracts
- Experience in protection mainstreaming and gender sensitive approaches
- Familiarity with FSL, WASH and shelter programming sectors
- Knowledge of and commitment to SI values, mission and work
- Strong communication, analysis and writing skills
- Fluency in French and English, both written and verbal
SI WILL OFFER YOU
- Position based at Solidarités International headquarters in Clichy la Garenne (Metro Mairie de Clichy)
- 1,5 months fixed-term contract
- Monthly gross salary : 2 880€ or 3 000€ (2 levels according to our salary grid)
Do you recognize yourself in this description?
If so, send us your Resume and Cover Letter to Natacha Calandre at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications containing only Resumes will not be considered.
Solidarités International reserves the right to close a recruitment before the deadline of the advertisement. Thank you for your understanding.
And to learn more about Solidarités International: www.solidarites.org