A ROVING NUTRITION ASSESMENT EXPERT
Under the direct supervision of the ACF France nutrition and surveillance advisor, you will work closely with the nutrition advisors and nutrition coordinators in the country of deployment.
Plan and effectively manage nutrition and nutrition related assessments, surveys (SMART, RapidSMART etc.), exploratory studies and evaluations (SQUEAC/SLEAC, base/end lines, etc.) as need is.
- Identification and design of activities according to needs and/or pre-defined work plans developed by the mission.
- Collection of background and demographic information and contextual information relevant to the survey.
- Manage all aspects of a study: from planning, logistics, budgeting, team recruitment, training, coordination with partners and Action Against Hunger staff.
Contribute to a joint multisector assessments & evaluations
- Participate in Emergency assessment together with emergency pool when required
- Provide support and conduct quantitative SMART under LinkNCA studies
- Conduct or participate baselines and endlines when required
Development of new assessment methods and piloting
- Data entry, analysis and processing of information (ENA for SMART, SPSS, EPI Info, Excel etc.).
- Produce survey analysis in collaboration with the rest of the field team, head of department as well as the health & nutrition advisor (HQ)
- All survey reports for external release – ie. Nutrition surveys, rapid assessments: reports are validated by relevant mechanisms prior to release.
Plan, support and follow up on capacity development for surveys
- Planning and facilitating technical capacity building and training sessions on SMART methodology when required.
- Reports on any training sessions and/or workshops organized by ACF.
- Coaching and mentoring upon the needs
- Organises and conduct nutrition data clinics
- Distance support as required
Appropriately represent ACF and coordinate externally
- Coordination with the Ministry of Health and/or clusters, technical working groups as required.
- Represent Action Against Hunger if required (presentation and validation of study results with partners, donors, etc.)
- All external coordination to be done in a culturally appropriate, honorable and respectful manner.
- Attend planning sessions, team meetings and annual performance reviews as required led by Action Contre la Faim - France Surveillance and Prevention Advisor.
- Keep up to date with technical nutrition developments within the humanitarian sector and share information with the ACF- program teams.
- Contribute to knowledge managements activities.
- Ensure an on-going process of personal professional development and learning;
- Other duties as assigned.
Do you fit the requested profile ?
You hold a graduate degree in nutrition and/or public health, with a particular focus on humanitarian and development contexts. You have experience in conducting nutritional surveys and knowledge and experience in SMART survey methodology, the SQUEAC method and appropriate software. You show strong knowledge in conducting nutritional surveys. You have proven that you have training and capacity building skills as well as team management and organizational skills. You are known for your excellent skills in English and French as well as writing.
Country **: All ACF Missions**
Length of contract : 12 months, starting date the 1st December 2019
Remuneration & benefits :
- Monthly gross salary from €1805 to €2305 upon experience.
- Per diem and living allowance: 507 € net (cf eurocost) - paid in the field
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for the non-French citizen.
- +15% of gross salary for specific flying allowance
- + Child allowance, limited to 5 children
Transportation and accommodation :
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
Medical coverage : 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR :
- 25 days of paid leaves per year
- 20 RnR per year
- +215€ at each RnR period
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference.
Training : Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Cross knowledge ©
General description of the position :
Action Contre la Faim – France is part of the ACF International Network which provides humanitarian relief to over 45 countries worldwide, for the nutrition, mental health and care practices, water and sanitation, and food security sectors. ACF France is a leading partner in nutrition assessments and within the network works closely with the SMART group based in Canada.
Established in 2005, ACF-Canada contributes particularly through its expertise in understanding the nutritional status of a given population or region using SMART methodology.
Manager word :
This position provides the opportunity to acquire a variety of expertise and experience in field evaluations, biostatistics and capacity building. You will work in emergency and transitional contexts, you will remotly supported by our technical advisors.
CV and Cover letter