Procurement & Logistic Assistant - National
Position: Procurement & Logistic Assistant
Reports to: Sr. Procurement & Logistic Officer
Duration: 1 Year
About RI: Relief International specializes in relief and development programs that benefit people in acute distress. A registered non-profit in the US, UK, France and Belgium, our work targets those fragile countries or communities that suffer from recurrent man-made or natural crises that impede human development. The people that we serve live in seventeen countries across the Middle East, Africa, and Asia where the debilitating effects of political instability, forced displacement, and natural disasters are pervasive. Often, RI is the only organization providing healthcare, education, logistics, energy, capacity building, economic development, sanitation, and many other forms of assistance to these highly vulnerable communities.
Under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager, the Field Logistics Officer will provide logistics & administrative support for RI’s Turkey operations, including management of procurement, inventory and shipping
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in any activities necessary to the smooth functioning of RI’s operations, in support of RI’s projects activities. In the field offices
- Be responsible for the specification, procurement, receipt, storage, transportation and accountability of RI equipment and/or property meant
- Be responsible for the management all the transportation of the goods for the RI programs within Turkey.
- Be responsible for management for RI field facilities in Gaziantep/Turkey.
- Provide logistical support to distribute and deliver goods to RI’s partner and/or implementation sites as needed.
- Take initiative to develop systems, policies and procedures for improved management and oversight.
- Regularly visit RI field facilities making sure that they are run smoothly, coordinating activities and covering possible needs with field coordinators and/or partners.
- Be responsible for the either direct procurement of follow up of field procurement
- Maintain procurement database and ensure procurement paperwork is complete and that all approvals have been obtained before purchases are made.
- Maintain warehouse, office inventory database and existing complete information system that produce reports and provides accountability for inventory management, replacement, transportation, procurement, disposal, and total control of every aspect of handling, storage, and warehouse operations
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject.
- Previous NGO experience in a similar context a plus. If no NGO experience, strong previous work experience in project management, or experience working in a multinational position preferred.
- Fluency in English and Arabic; ability to also communicate in Arabic will be a plus
- Able to prioritize, communicate effectively, and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to travel and work extensively – sometimes at short notice, in difficult places and under long hours – according to a results-based approach
- Able to work independently and within a team.
- Diligent in work processes.
- Flexible in schedule, attitude and work prioritization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google software, particularly Google Drive, Gmail, Google Docs, MS Word and MS Excel. Adobe suite preferred.
- We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence.
- We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- We value
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
All Relief International members (staff, volunteers and interns) are committed to the RI policies such as, RI Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy, Reporting Conflict of Interest, Reporting Misconduct, Reporting Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. All new comers are expected to adhere to all these policies.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.
How to Apply:
In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position,please send your CV in English in addition to three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org before October 24, 2019 stating in the subject “Procurement & Logistic Assistant“All candidates must be eligible to work in Turkey"
Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline of submission of the applications