Chief of party - Moldova
Chemonics seeks a chief of party for USAID’s anticipated Effective Justice project in Moldova. The project aims to develop and pilot Model Court Houses in Moldova, which will improve access to justice for some of the country’s most vulnerable citizens and make reforms more sustainable. The chief of party will be responsible for the overall management and implementation of the project. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall leadership, management, and technical direction to support justice sector reform and increase access to justice systems in Moldova
- Serve as primary liaison to USAID, implementing partners, the government of Moldova, key government and non-government institutions and actors, and project stakeholders and counterparts in the public and private sectors
- Supervise senior management team, technical and administrative staff, and subcontracting organizations
- Manage overall and direct implementation of project activities and liaise with project teams to ensure technical integration, coordination, and managing for results
- Oversee project work planning, performance management, and strategic communications
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and make appropriate program adjustments
- Advanced degree in law, public administration, court administration, or other related fields
- Knowledge of and experience with donor-funded rule of law, judicial strengthening, and court administration projects in developing countries, particularly in Eastern Europe or the former Soviet Union
- Track record of progressive responsibility, including a minimum of five years providing senior-level leadership (e.g., chief of party, project director, deputy director, advisor, or component lead) to programs of similar scale, scope, and complexity
- Experience with USAID or other U.S. government-funded programs strongly preferred
- Strong ability to collaborate and build partnerships with host-country governments, U.S. government agencies, donor agencies, and international organizations
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required; fluency in Moldovan and/or Romanian preferred
Send electronic submissions to moldovaROLrecruit@chemonics.com by Monday, October 28th. Please submit your CV and cover letter with “Chief of Party” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.