Operations Associate, GS6, Rabat, Morocco
UNICEF Rabat Morocco
Vacancy Announcement - “Operations Associate GS6”
Available for UN internal staff on FT/ Continuing or Permanent UN Contract only
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision and guidance of the Operations Manager, the Operations Associate is responsible for executing a broad variety of procedural and specialized administrative tasks for the respective section requiring in-depth knowledge of UNICEF administrative procedures, processes and policies.
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
- Provides travel assistance to staff members in section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Liaises with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
- Briefs/de-briefs staff members on issues relating to related administrative matters such as visas, security clearance, and documentation procedures.
- Extracts, inputs, maintains, and verifies correctness of travel records in the organization’s travel system to ensure accurate transactions related to travel costs and staff travel.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets on travel costs and maintain travel plan and budgetary control records.
- Monitors travel certification and report back to the team.
Contribution to the Management of the Operations Section and Office Management Support
- Receive, record and dispatch invoices from suppliers of goods and services to the relevant sections.
- Contribute to the preparation and follow-up of the spending plan of the CF office and draft of the OPS section at the beginning of the year
- Prepare monthly financial forecasts for the OPS section and pay all invoices.
- Manage Petty cash according to the organization's rules and procedures.
- Support for the management of the office's operational contracts
- Contribute to the implementation of the greening initiative in the office
- Within the framework of ECM, ensure the management of administrative documents including their destruction in accordance with UNICEF standards.
- Contribute to the implementation of a system for monitoring the payment of office bills (cleaning, security, security, rent, air conditioner maintenance, generator maintenance, security equipment maintenance, electricity/water, telecommunications (fixed, fax, GSM and Internet). ) and forward the file holdings to Finance.
- Support to the greening component: provide data on annual water-electricity, fuel and travel consumption.
Contribution to the implementation of the HACT quality assurance plan
- participation with the Spot Checkers team in occasional visits to the implementing partners of the cooperation programme.
- Contribute to the drafting of reports of ad hoc visits carried out by the DM and forward feedback and recommendations to the relevant Sections for implementation.
- Participation in field visits for End User monitoring
Supervision of Drivers and management of the office's fleet of vehicles
Qualifications of a Successful Candidate
Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the field of work.
A minimum of 6 years of relevant administrative or clerical work experience is required. Supervisory experience is a strong asset.
Familiarity with UNICEF, UN procedures and systems is an asset.
Fluency in French & Arabic. Working English is a strong asset
Competencies of a Successful Candidate
i) Core Values (Required)
ii) Core Competencies (Required)
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
Following Instructions and Procedures (II)
Candidate can apply online through https://secure.dc7.pageuppeople.com/apply/671/gateway/Default.aspx?c=app... before the 25 October 2019
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
“UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.”
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=526999