Chief of Party (India MEL)
EnCompass LLC is seeking Chief of Party (COP) candidates for an anticipated five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) India monitoring, evaluation, and learning program. In addition to providing overall leadership, management, and technical direction, the COP will be expected to have experience working in performance management, strategic decision-making, quality control, and project learning, preferably in the USAID context and with Collaboration, Learning and Adapting (CLA) practices.
The position will be based in New Delhi, India.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The COP will lead all program planning, implementation, and evaluation as well as lead communication and close coordination with the Mission COR and other staff, implementing partners, and Government of India stakeholders. The COP will be accountable for the quality and timeliness of all deliverables under the contract. The COP will also provide leadership in learning and adaptive management services (related to CLA), performance and impact evaluations, sector studies, evaluation design and methodology, project design support, knowledge management, performance monitoring, and capacity building in monitoring and evaluation for USAID, partners, and Government of India stakeholders.
- A graduate degree in a social science, development studies or a related field
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively increasing responsibility in managing large comprehensive contracts of similar nature, size and complexity
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in monitoring and evaluation and/or capacity building preferred
Experience and Skills
- Prior experience as a senior manager or COP working on complex USAID-funded projects preferred
- Strong experience with evaluation standards and practices required
- Experience working in performance management, strategic decision-making, and project learning
- Experience building monitoring, evaluation, and learning capacities of USAID staff, implementing partners, and government counterparts highly preferred
- Experience managing complex relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to work with host-country governments at different levels
- Substantial experience in managing a team using mixed research methods of similar magnitude
- Strong communication, supervision, and management skills required
- Working knowledge of and experience with USG-funded program management, policies, regulations and procedures
- Strong familiarity with USAID CLA practices
- Familiarity with USAID/India mission is preferred
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written English skills; Hindi and other Indian regional language proficiency is desirable
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter to: https://encompassworld.com/careers-and-consulting/#op-354706-chief-of-pa...