Consultant to support the implementation of the Social Protection Programme (APROSOC) in Moxico Province
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
How can you make a difference?
Activities and Tasks:
Support and contribute to effective and efficient planning, management, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of the APROSOC project in Moxico according to the defined workplan, with particular focus in the pilot models (MAS and Cash Transfer), in joint collaboration with the SP team and the PMO for Moxico and Bié.
1. Assessment report on the implementation status of the APROSOC project on the field, and provincial improvement plan, which includes capacity building actions developed for the targeted MAS and Cash Transfer municipalities.November 2019 - January 2020 From November 2019 – January 2020Included in payment from November 2019 - January 2020
2. Organization of weekly meetings with external partners and UNICEF staff to implement the Provincial improvement plan and other activities related to 2019 and 2020 APROSOC workplans (minimum of 32 meetings). November 2019 - May 2020 From November 2019 – May 2020 Included in payment from November 2019 - May 2020
3. Support coordination and implementation of at least 1 capacity building activity every month in each of the targeted MAS and Cash Transfer municipalities. December 2019 – May 2020. From December 2019 – May 2020.Included in payment from December 2019 - May 2020
4. Develop and test at least 6 set of training and capacity building materials to ensure effective and efficient APROSOC programme delivery at community level (with particular focus in the MAS/CASI) December 2019 – May 2020. From December 2019 – May 2020 Included in payment from December 2019 - May 2020
5. Submit monthly progress report of APROSOC activities, capacity building, partnerships, results, coordination meetings with partners and monitoring indicators of APROSOC activities, according to UNICEF standards. A progress monthly report at the end of each month in November 2019, December 2019, January, February, March, April, May 2020. From November 2019 – May 2020. Included in payment from November 2019 - May 2020
6. Submit final consultancy report May 1 2020 to 31 May 2020. Included in the last payment
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are….
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV, signed P11 form (which can be downloaded at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_53129.html) and an inception report stating how they intend to conduct the assignment.
Interested consultants to indicate ability, availability and rate (monthly) to undertake the terms of reference.
Applications submitted without a fee/ rate will not be considered.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=526990