National Expert on Educational and Learning Design
Under the overall supervision and technical guidance of FAO Representative in Syria, the direct supervision of the Deputy FAOR and Assistant FAOR (Programme), and in close cooperation with the relevant Project Managers, the National Expert on Educational and Learning Design will achieve the following tasks, in particular under the projects OSRO/SYR/902/JPN (Training For All 3), OSRO/SYR/904/JPN (Women Empowerment 3), and GCP/SYR/023/EC (SSP):
· Work with the relevant subject matter experts to identify the target audiences’ training needs, by means of formal Training Needs Assessments and Instructional Needs Analyses.
· Conduct Learner Analyses for the learning cohorts, intended by each training project (or sub-project), to determine what other skills should the intended training build on.
· Conduct an Instructional analysis to determine the target cognitive, affective, and skills goals for the training.
· Determine the scope of educational projects (sub-projects).
· Create the layout and curriculum of the instructional materials per course.
· Make search for resources related to the topics of the training courses, assess the quality of the identified resources, discuss them with the relevant subject matter experts, and utilize them for the design of the instruction.
· Set the learning outcomes and objectives, and the respectively matching learning assessment tools.
· Design and produce engaging learner-centered experiences and compelling course content that enhance the learning process and ensure the created content matches the established objectives taking into consideration the characteristics of the trainees.
· In consultation with SMEs and in coordination with Lead Technical Officers at FAO regional Office (RNE) and HQ, develop the entire course materials, in terms of training modules, within the required timelines and the scope of the intended projects.
· Create training manuals, trainees’ handbooks, and other handouts.
· Amend and revise course content as necessary in order to adapt to changes occurring.
· Repurpose existing materials to match the needs and characteristics of the trainees.
· To the extent possible, and with a view to enhancing the learning process, apply modern trends and best practices in instructional approaches and educational methodology.
· Devise modes of training impact assessment to measure the learners’ progress during the course and mastery of the subject at the end of the training and beyond.
· Devise modes of training evaluation, for the delivered training courses, using the appropriate set of tools.
· Manage the components of the developed training courses, within a wide range of subjects, to achieve the overarching project objectives, across multiple country projects.
· Actively participate as part of team initiatives and cooperate with team members in a manner that reflects a commitment to team goals and objectives, effective communication, information sharing and problem solving practices.
· Perform any other relevant duties as deemed necessary.
Contract duration: one year (renewable according to need and fund availability).
NPP contract: first 3 months on When Actually Employed WAE basis (45 work days), subject to extension as a full time commitment.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - candidates will be assessed against the following:
Technical Skills (Key selection criteria):
Proven skills and experience in Educational and instructional design and the development of student-centred learning experiences and resources.
Knowledge of learning principles and practices as well as current and future trends in education and learning industry.
Demonstrated project management skills in the development of learning content for courses, with a capacity to scope realistic projects, meet timeframes and achieve the required deliverables.
High-level interpersonal and professional communication skills to work effectively with individuals and teams of staff with different levels and scopes of technical knowledge.
Demonstrated capacity to work both independently and in multi-disciplinary team environments.
Ability to assess priorities, exercise discretionary judgment and negotiate for positive outcomes.
Education: Academic qualification in Education, Training, or any field related to Learning Sciences.
Experience: at least ten years of work experience in the educational and training sector.
Languages: Proficient level of English.
IT Skills: Good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
· Results Focus
· Building Effective Relationships
· Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English directly to :
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the email subject.
Only national Syrian CVs will be considered for shortlistin