Community Liaison Assistant (Based on Budget Approval)
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Established in 1950, World Vision International operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. It is a relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty. We serve all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender.
The scope of the organization is world-wide. Its ministries are varied depending on the needs and contexts of the respective countries in which it operates. For more information on the history of World Vision, please visit the website on www.wvi.org
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To support the Field Community Liaison Assistant in ensuring that effective safety and access measures for the programmers/Operations are both appropriately planned for and addressed within the national context. Lead in the optimization of organizational safety and access, and the mitigation of operational risks for ministry effectiveness by establishing systems and mechanisms for institutionalizing an organizational culture and practice of safety and access. As a result, ensuring the safety of staff, assets, programmes and organizational reputation through implementing adequate mitigating measure as instructed by line managers. Moreover, maintain situational awareness and remain informed of in the changes in the context, and report regularly to line management. Field Community Liaison Assistant may also be required to liaise with key actors and stakeholders in the Areas of Operations (AoO) in order to negotiate local access for programme activities. The role will require extensive travel, often for extended periods to AoOs and/or possible intervention locations as they unfold. The Field Community Liaison Assistant will report on day to day basis to Community Liaison-Safety Coordinator and work with senior field staff, more importantly maintain communication with all field based staff in the AoOs.
1. Safety and Access Operation
· Work with the Community Liaison-SafetyOperations Room Coordinator, senior field staff and field staff as appropriate to track operations, staff movement and shipments delivery.
· Complete and keep up-to-date Context Risk Rating (CRR) and Safety Risk Assessment (SRA) for assigned areas in NWS.
· Maintain and implement Access and Safety Work Plan for assigned areas.
· Provide input and support to management in crisis situations and critical incidents as instructed/requested.
· Conduct follow-up on incidents or situations when required/requested.
· Gather Weekly Movement plan for WV staff and[AA1] Raise it with Operations Room Coordinator and District Coordinator.
· Conduct new Area Assessments in conjunction with Operations and Programmes as directed by Line Manager
· Support present and new Areas of Operations (Zones) in terms of access Access and Safety as required/directed
· Availability to visit/travel across the country World Vision and Partner operational areas as required/requested.
· Keep informed of any changes in the administrative procedures for obtaining documents.
· Ensure and enforce adequate safety measures including physical access restrictions to the office and other premises.
· Supervise the implementation of physical and asset protection protocols and regulations.
· Ensure that appropriate access controls are in place for all WV facilities.
· Provide movement clearance to staff and/or goods as required.
· Conduct regular site assessments and use building security assessment template to advise on mitigation measures.
· Travel to Program Areas and other areas as required or instructed.
· Provide respective Briefings and Trainings to contracted WV personnel inside Syria.
· Supervise guards.
Conduct security investigations as requested by Ops Room Coordinator.
· Ensure safety measures are implemented in line with Core Security Requirements for each office within area of responsibility.
2. Networking and External Liaison/Engagement
· Represent WV at local NGO network meetings and Represent WV at local NGO network meetings and working groups (physical and online), to ensure information from these groups is disseminated to relevant staff, as instructed by line manager.
· Build ongoing networks for sharing information and coordination with multiple humanitarian stakeholders, while maintaining WV’s humanitarian principles, in accordance with the code of conduct and relevant policies
· Establish or reinforce relations with the representatives of the different administrative services
· Meet with the representatives of the different administrative services as often as necessary to obtain documents or solve problems.
· Act as the local focal point for safety co-ordination and information sharing between the relevant actors within the area of operations.
Coordinate with Partner Organizations and Local Implementing Partners on Security related matters[AA2]
3. Reporting and Documentation
· Monitor the evolving situation in the area of WV operations in coordination with other actors as required and requested.
· Facilitate access and operations through the provision of dependable advice to staff and managers.
· Collect, verify and report information that affects, or may affect, WV operations.
· Establish a network of contacts and represent WV at relevant meetings if asked to do so.
· Provide operational safety, access and contextual briefings and orientation to all new and visiting staff.
· Keep records of respective Training provided to WV contractors (online, internal or external).
· Track safety and access related incidents and developments and input into trend/pattern analysis as requested. · Submit daily and weekly situational reports to the Community Liaison-Safety Coordinator and senior field staff and track and confirm information as requested
Required Skills & Experience:
· University degree is required.
· Good communication skills in English (oral and written).
· Ability to travel regularly in northwest Syria.
· A high level of diplomacy and networking skills is required.
· Very good understanding of the Syrian context.
· Previous relevant experience is an advantage.
· Good computer skills in particular Microsoft pack (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and emails.
· Possession of First aid training is an advantage.
If you are interested to apply, please send a cover letter and your detailed CV in English addressing relevant qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail. (Please ensure that CV includes names and contact details of at least 3 referees/references).
In the subject line of your e-mail message, please, mention the title of the position you are applying for. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview.
The deadline for submitting the applications is 17 October 2019 Applications submitted before the deadline will be reviewed and considered upon receipt.