Food For Peace ( FFP) Program Director
The Opportunity: Food For Peace ( FFP) Program Director
Save the Children (SC), one of the largest NGOs in Yemen, seeks a Program Director for an electronic voucher program designed to deliver emergency food security support to conflict-affected people in Hajjah and Hodeidah governorates of Yemen, funded by the USAID Food for Peace (FFP) program. We are currently seeking an experience Program Director to lead the next expanded phase of this critical project.
The FFP Program Director (PD) will be responsible for providing technical leadership and overall management of the FFP program, working closely with field teams to provide technical and operations guidance, support monitoring and evaluation, and ensure program quality. S/he will also ensure effective financial and operational management of the project working closely with the wider Operations Team and the Field Managers in Hajjah and Hodeida. The FFP PD will act as the primary focal point and represent the project to USAID/FFP and other key stakeholders in Yemen and the region. The FFP PD is ultimately responsible for compliance and the oversight of project activities which will meet the stated objectives of the project.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
* A university degree in social science, economics, Agriculture, or other discipline relevant to urban/rural food security and livelihoods. Relevant experience instead of the formal education may be considered.
* Technical understanding of cash transfer programming approaches and modalities is essential
* At least 5 years demonstrated technical and management experience at senior level in humanitarian programming, with at least three years’ experience with delivery of cash transfer programs and food security and or livelihood interventions.
* Background in Food Security programing (Food assistance, both conditional and unconditional voucher or cash) – with an understanding of basic food security principles and analysis
* At least 3 years of demonstrated excellence in senior level program management, including direct supervision of professional and support staff, evaluation of staff performance, and contract/grant management is preferred
* Proven experience managing multi-million dollar complex projects across multiple locations
* Proven experience in project design and development, project cycle management and large scale budget management
* Strong working familiarity with USAID regulations and policies; previous experience managing FFP projects preferred
* Prior experience living and working in conflict or emergency settings
* Excellent Organizational and Analytical Skills
* Ability to identify, address and resolve communication issues within the activity and with external stakeholders is required
* Demonstrated problem solving skills, a collaborative and flexible manner, creativity and willingness to innovate
* Ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with USAID/Yemen host government partners at the national and district levels
* Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations, and within a matrix management structure
* Fluent oral and strong analytical, written English communications skills is required; Arabic language is desirable
* Proven track record of effective and convincing negotiation skills is preferred
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. Please add further detail here as required. For example: This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Application Email: www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply