Job Title: Research Analyst
Location: Tunis, Tunisia
Reports to:** Research Manager; Managing Director
Contract Period: November 2019 – September 2021; The project is funded, pending USAID Key Positions approval.
Project Summary:** SREO is looking for a Research Analyst to work on a USAID-funded research and data collection project in Libya. Aimed at supporting and strengthening political transition in Libya through participatory governance, civic engagement and community-level conflict management, the 4-year project requires ad-hoc research, quantitative and qualitative data collection and monitoring services. These include surveys, key informant interviews, focus groups, local market price data, and site visits.
Objectives: The data collection activities associated with the project will serve to identify programming opportunities, assess impact of activities, and establish an additional layer of oversight.
Position Summary:** The Research Analyst works closely with the Research Manager to support quality and time execution of SREO’s research projects, primarily focused on Libya. The Research Analysis provided technical support to projects through their lifecycle including but not limited to project planning and management, tool development, data cleaning,
management and analysis, reporting and maintaining client communications. The role requires strong collaboration with all teams involved in the project (field, translation, IT and research teams).
· Provide expertise on all matters related to qualitative research and analysis
· Provide input on research plan development
· Design appropriate qualitative data collection tools (interview and focus group questionnaires) as part of defined research plans
· Conduct desk reviews, primary source research and key informant interviews
· Conduct analysis of qualitative and quantitative data
· Draft reports based on qualitative and quantitative data to answer specific requests for research
· Conduct secondary source research when required to provide context and background for specific requests for research
· Coordinate in-country data collection by working closely with Libyan data collection teams to ensure data quality
· Provide contextual knowledge and understanding of Libyan social and political dynamics
Qualifications & Skills:**
· Experience in the development field or closely related field, and extensive experience in working with donors and governments on high-value projects
· Minimum 1-year experience with field research projects in Libya or in similar conflict environments
· Prior USAID experience is a plus
· Experience managing complex research projects involving a variety of data collection and reporting types
· Experience managing remote data collection teams
· Excellent familiarity with a range of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and research design
· Master’s degree required
· Arabic language skills required
· Ability to travel to/within Tunisia required
· An advantage if the nominee can travel to Libya
SREO Consulting is an independent, non-partisan research and monitoring & evaluation and research consultancy headquartered in Istanbul, Turkey with offices in Iraq, Syria, Tunisia and Mali. SREO was founded in 2013 and provides M&E and research services to the public sector, international development institutions, INGOs/ NGOs and private companies. Our mission is to inform the development of effective strategies for stakeholders and donors engaged in humanitarian responses in the Middle East, North Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa.
If interested, please send your CV, cover letter and writing sample to email@example.com
Writing samples are recommended to be maximum 5-pages of an analytical piece (can be an excerpt) that demonstrates analytical skills using primary and secondary sources (qualitative and quantitative data preferred), clear and organized writing free of grammatical errors. Any questions concerning this position can also be directed to this address.