Job Title: Research Manager
Location: Tunis, Tunisia
Reports to: Managing Director
Contract Period: November 2019 – September 2021; The project is funded, pending USAID Key Positions approval.
Project Summary: SREO is looking for a Research Manager to lead a USAID-funded research and data collection project in Libya. Aimed at supporting and strengthening political transition in Libya through participatory governance, civic engagement and community-level conflict management, the 4-year project requires ad-hoc research, quantitative and qualitative data collection and monitoring services. These include surveys, key informant interviews, focus groups, local market price data, and site visits.
Objectives: The data collection activities associated with the project will serve to identify programming opportunities, assess impact of activities, and establish an additional layer of oversight.
Position Summary: The Research Manager works to ensure SREO’s research portfolio on the MENA region, particularly Libya, is managed responsibly and oversees the research team’s progress towards achieving project goals. The Research Program Manager is largely responsible for liaising with clients, managing researchers and field staff, and overseeing the drafting of research products. The position will be based in Tunis, Tunisia.
Responsibilities & Duties:**
· Manage SREO’s research portfolio for Libya
· Lead research team to complete projects within allotted timeline and budgets by managing the research and production process; providing input on the research topic development process
· Develop research tools for a wide range of research projects: design qualitative and quantitative research plans for tools, surveys, questionnaires, and structured and semi-structured interviews
· Compile and analyze data to draft ME&V research products and other client reports, and oversee researchers as they do the same
· Monitor project progress and report on the progress of research and deliverables to clients
· Develop data collection methodology and work plans for projects and manage research plan implementation
· Serve as client focal point and present findings to clients and assist the Managing Director in liaising with clients
· Coordinate briefing of research results to clients and manage the comment and revision process for final data sets and reports
· Meet regularly with stakeholders, clients, Field Coordinators/Researchers/Monitors to collect and communicate client requirements, set-expectations for the ME&V and research project
· Must be able to travel frequently to Tunis to engage with clients or work out of SREO’s Tunis office, as needed
· Any other duties as deemed appropriate by the Managing Director and/or Managing Partner.
Qualifications & Skills:**
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience working on Libya
· Experience engaging with a diverse array of stakeholders with varying interests, in the context of developing research and analysis objectives
· Experience working on USAID projects
· Experience managing complex research projects involving a variety of data collection and reporting types
· Three to five years of direct research experience with expertise in qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and research design
· Experience managing remote data collection teams
· Minimum three years of project management experience, including but not limited to: budgeting, planning, execution, deliver, quality assurance, and reporting
· Excellent coordination, organizational skills, leadership skills, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
· Outstanding understanding of Monitoring, Evaluation, Verification, Accountability, and Learning;
· Arabic language skills preferred
· Experience with GIS mapping, Kobo Collect, SPSS, Qaultrics, NVivo, MaxQDA, R or other analytic tools preferred
· Graduate Degree in relevant field required
· Ability to travel to/within Tunisia required
· An advantage if the nominee can travel to Libya
SREO Consulting is an independent, non-partisan research and monitoring & evaluation and research consultancy headquartered in Istanbul, Turkey with offices in Iraq, Syria, Tunisia and Mali. SREO was founded in 2013 and provides M&E and research services to the public sector, international development institutions, INGOs/ NGOs and private companies. Our mission is to inform the development of effective strategies for stakeholders and donors engaged in humanitarian responses in the Middle East, North Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa.
If interested, please send your CV, cover letter and writing sample to email@example.com
Writing samples are recommended to be maximum 5-pages of an analytical piece (can be an excerpt) that demonstrates analytical skills using primary and secondary sources (qualitative and quantitative data preferred), clear and organized writing free of grammatical errors. Any questions concerning this position can also be directed to this address.