Section Lead Children and Families
Reporting to This Life Cambodia's (TLC) Deputy Director, Section Leads serve as a support between Senior Management and program implementation levels. They are responsible for the overall leadership and management of program coordination activities across each of the section’s programming areas. Through effective collaboration with Program Coordinators the Section Lead is responsible for program planning and scheduling; setting targets and deliverable; devising and managing budgets to ensure adequate resourcing; overseeing donor reporting requirements; providing technical expertise including leading and coordinating research activities and preparing reports and helping solve practice issues where necessary; decision making; and promoting and enhancing the visibility of the programs throughout relevant networks to ensure successful overall program implementation.
- Lead the ongoing conceptualisation, design and development of the Section and its distinct program areas.
- In conjunction with Program Coordinators, prepare and execute program deliverable, targets and action plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- In conjunction with Program Coordinators, estimate and oversee the management of program budgets and assist in identifying resource and equipment requirements.
- Ensure relevant section policies, procedures and guidelines are in place and are being correctly adhered to
- Provide technical direction, expertise and training to section members where required and serve as a technical mentor to Program Coordinators.
- Oversee the drafting and implementation of M&E plans and frameworks, reporting tools and data collection and ensure their conduct and completion
- Make decisions and assist in solving practice problems to provide an efficient environment for program implementation
- Identify opportunities for practice improvement and make suggestions for change and/or implement effective solutions
- Keep Senior Management Team well informed of section status and serve as a liaison between Deputy Director and Program Coordinators
- Resolve and/or escalate presenting section issues in a timely manner
- In conjunction with Program Coordinators prepare donor reports, end of year reports and other specified program reports
- Prepare internal TLC monthly program report
- Oversee Section recruitment requirements This position will be based in Siem Reap Cambodia and will lead and supervise Program Coordinators based in Siem Reap and Phnom Penh, thus frequent travel between the two cities will be required. TLC employees are offered a competitive salary based on experience. The package also includes savings scheme, health and accident insurance, and a telephone allowance.
All applications must be submitted via our online recruitment system, not via email. We understand this may be a new process for many people. It requires more than a standard CV and cover letter. It will take time to complete your application on line and it is important you follow the directions.
- Please access the full job description for this position from our website at
Click on the role that interests you.
We recommend going into the system to copy the questions that you will need to answer for the job. Answer these questions in Word. You will be asked to upload responses in one document.
Supply all other information exactly as requested on the application form. Any questions with an asterisk* are mandatory.
Attach your CV (photos and certificates are not to be included unless we ask for them). If you wish to add a cover letter it must be included with your CV, as a single document (2 megabyte limit).
If you have been asked to submit a writing sample, or answers to specific questions, upload these as directed.
Check that all asterisked questions have been answered and that attachments are not too large then scroll to the end of the page and click Submit.
You should see a message in the top right hand corner, ”Application Successfully Submitted". If you do not see that message it normally means either you have not answered all questions or have loaded documents that are too large or the system has timed out.
If you have any difficulty, please contact us at email@example.com. We will contact you to assist you to lodge on line.