Temporary Consultancy: Video Editor/Videographer - Division of Communication - NYHQ, Requisition# 526935
The Global Content Strategy Section (GCSS) within the Division of Communication (DOC) creates compelling public-facing content to mobilize the support of decision makers and the public for children across the world. GCSS consistently plans, develops, and produces compelling and creative content that contributes directly to the achievement of priority advocacy and communication objectives for the organization. Through multiple platforms and in multiple languages, GCSS draws attention to the many facets of UNICEF's work, encouraging public support, participation and action, as well as ensuring greater transparency and accountability.
Web stories, blog entries, photo essays, Facebook posts, Twitter campaigns, and videos for distribution via UNICEF.org, YouTube, news media and other outlets and platforms - all are a part of our digital storytelling. By measuring and testing our efforts, we also use data to inform content and engagement choices.
The Global Content Strategy Section (GCSS) of the Division of Communications at UNICEF is looking to hire a temporary Video Editor/Videographer to shoot and edit videos and create high end graphics for video productions intended for online and broadcast platforms in support of global communications strategy. High level of proficiency editing and shooting video intended for social media platforms required.
How can you make a difference?
Scope of work
Under the overall direction of the DS/DOC Head of Multimedia, the Video Editor/Videographer will accomplish the following objectives:
- Serve as primary in-house videographer and gaffer
- Maintain all camera, lighting, grip, and audio equipment in B2 studio
- Coordinate internal shoots with senior executive personnel
- Video recording on all UN premises
- Execute high-quality video recording with in-house facilities
- Transport and set up equipment for shoots in remote locations
- Technical liaison between UNICEF House and outside events and vendors
- Assess and evaluate future equipment purchases
- Organize all videography equipment in storage
- Provide assistance to shooters from other divisions/departments
- Set up and operate in-house teleprompter system as required
- May be required to travel and/or work on weekends
- Video editing of high-visibility projects
- Create and edit advanced motion graphics and animations on Adobe After Effects
- Output final cuts for sharing to DAM, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram
- Manage media programs and all related software
- Color grade projects for applicable media channels
- Carry out and oversee digital compositing and other effects related tasks
- Sound editing and design
- Edit short documentary videos for social media
- QC technical aspects of projects for wide release
- Create subtitles and text-based graphics in multiple languages
- Support and assist graphic designers in projects involving Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Assist other editors with key technical aspects
- Edit language versions of projects as required
- Digitally transcode media
- Manage subscriptions with external content providers
- Archive media for future use
- Collaborate on and workshop concepts, scripts and other video related materials
- Prepare initial post-production materials
- Troubleshoot technical problems
- Create b-roll and news packages
- Technical liaison with country offices regarding QC and paperwork for footage
- Sound mixing on Adobe Audition
- Support and assist in DAM distributions as needed
- Ingest and QC footage from external sources
- Facilitate video materials for preview and exhibition
- Maintain and organize DAM systems
- Technical liaison with Executive Board
- May be required to travel and/or work on weekends
Duration 11.5 months
Duty Station: UNICEF NYHQ
Editing of professional quality videos as assigned daily including mixed English versions, intl versions, language versions and b-roll package
Videos edited for social media platforms (FB, OK, Twitter) as assigned
Production, shooting and editing of video profiles and stories focusing on children and their rights, both in newsy formats and in first person as assigned and relevant to communication objectives
Shooting in house video recordings as assigned, including lighting and assisting with studio management
*All final video assets must be subtitled and include UNICEF branding and logos provided by UNICEF. Deliverables include outputs per specific platform. 16x9 for youtube. 1x1 for twitter and facebook. Instagram TV vertical format. All outputs must have English subtitles and additional versions w/o subtitles for further language versions.
Other video edits and graphic packages as assigned
Advising on camera and editing equipment required to keep up to date with current professional standards and trends
As an advocate for every child, you will have...
For every child, you demonstrate...
Consultants and individual contractors are required to certify that they are covered by medical/health insurance. Consultants and individual contractors who are required to travel beyond commuting distance to duty station(s) with hardship ratings other than H and A shall also certify that their medical/health insurance covers medical evacuations. (DHR/PROCEDURE/2018/005, para 36)
UNICEF does not provide or arrange life or health insurance coverage for consultants and individual contractors, and consultants and individual contractors are not eligible to participate in the life or health insurance schemes available to United Nations staff members. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for assuming all costs related to required inoculations, vaccinations and medical examinations and reflect it as part of their bid for the assignment (DHR/PROCEDURE/2018/005, para 66).
ONLY, in case of unforeseen official business travel, actual cost, including the visa fee, vaccination will be reimbursed in accordance with UNICEF Policy/procedure on official travel.
At the time the contract is awarded, the selected candidate must have in place current health insurance coverage and the consultant must provide proof of health insurance.
Consultants and individual contractors are fully responsible for arranging, at their own expense, such life, health and other forms of insurance covering the period of their services as they consider appropriate. (DHR/PROCEDURE/2018/005, para 67)
With the exception of the US Citizens, G4 Visa and Green Card holders, should the selected candidate and his/her household members reside in the United States under a different visa, the consultant and his/her household members are required to change their visa status to G4, and the consultant's household members (spouse) will require an Employment Authorization Card (EAD) to be able to work, even if he/she was authorized to work under the visa held prior to switching to G4.
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above. Application submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
UNICEF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are...
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=526935