Global Health Corps (GHC) Coordinator
The Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative at Texas Children’s Hospital (BIPAI) mission is to provide high-quality, high-impact, highly ethical pediatric and family-centered health care, health professional training and clinical research, focused on HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria, malnutrition and other conditions impacting the health and well-being of children and families worldwide.
Headquartered at Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston, Texas, BIPAI operates a network of affiliated non-governmental organizations that support clinical centers of excellence, clinics and programs in Argentina, Angola, Botswana, Colombia, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Romania, Tanzania and Uganda. The BIPAI Network provides specialized training, technical assistance and capacity enhancement to Ministries of Health and partner programs worldwide.
To learn more about our programs, please visit www.bipai.org
BIPAI seeks highly qualified candidates for the role of Global Health Corps (GHC) Coordinator. The GHC Coordinator serves as administrator of the GHC program and contributes to the overall management of BIPAI programming. Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the GHC Coordinator will assist in the monitoring and development of program goals, actions plans and processes. The GHC Coordinator will have responsibility in two main areas:
GHC and GCHR Program Administration
· Serves as point of contact for GHC physicians and the Dr. Kelly DeScioli Global Child Health Residents (GCHR) located internationally in accordance with Baylor College of Medicine (BCM), GHC, GCHR, and BIPAI policies and procedures related to payroll, travel, supplemental pay and other matters
· Coordinates recruitment, interviewing, and continuing development for Global Health Corps (GHC) physicians
· Coordinates the relocation and travel for the GHC and the GCHR.
· Coordinates the pre-service training for the GHC and the GCHR programs.
· Leads in development of the GHC Alumni Group to encourage continued GHC engagement and participation
· Assists in raising awareness of the GHC program through social media, conferences, and other approved channels
· Assists the CMO in coordination of regular meetings with BIPAI Clinical Directors, GHC, and GCHR.
BIPAI Program Management
· Develops familiarity with programming throughout the BIPAI Network and expertise in assigned areas including monitoring and evaluation
· Assists BIPAI leadership in the development and facilitation of planning, leadership and capacity building opportunities across the Network
· Assists BIPAI leadership in ensuring effective administration and management of clinic operations
· Assists in the planning and implementation of the annual BIPAI Network Meeting
· Participates in the preparation of funding proposals at both BIPAI headquarters and the BIPAI Network
· Assists in developing and sustaining relationships with internal and external partners to increase awareness of BIPAI programming both locally and internationally
· Assists in the planning of BIPAI meetings and events, as well as international site visits for BCM and TCH personnel
· Maintains the BIPAI website (www.bipai.org)
· Maintains the BIPAI web-based pre-travel curriculum and provides regular updates and improvements as needed
· Assists with the logistics for the short term learners working at BIPAI sites.
· Assists with maintaining the pre-service training website for the short term learners working at BIPAI sites
Education, Licenses and Certifications
· Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline required; Master's in Global Health, International Development, or similar preferred
· 2-3 years related work experience required; experience of living and working in low and middle income countries preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Proactive, with a desire to ensure that program goals and objective are achieved
· Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
· Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
· Ability to achieve program goals and objectives with little supervision
· Requires the exercise of tact and diplomacy in dealing with faculty, staff, funders and partners
· Will include international travel
Please follow this link to apply: