In April 2012, the IRC launched an emergency response to address the humanitarian needs resulting from the food crisis and armed conflict in Mali. The IRC’s emergency team conducted rapid needs and gap assessments, which led to the nutrition, WASH, child protection, and education programs that are being implemented in the north and the south of the country. The IRC quickly became active participants in the Nutrition, WASH, Protection and Education Clusters as well as the Child Protection Sub-Cluster and plays leading roles in the Nutrition, WASH, and Child Protection clusters/ sub-clusters. The IRC is expanding its programs in the north, center, and south of Mali, including health and Gender-Based Violence programming.
The IRC upholds humanitarian principles in all its programs, works with partners to do the same, and uses an acceptance strategy in affected communities to ensure transparency, participation, and protection. The IRC ensures Do No Harm at each stage of the program cycle from design, to delivery and monitoring.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Protection Manager will lead the realization of service-based needs assessment in protection over one period six months while providing basic protection services such as psychosocial supports for the children and referral for the cases of GBV towards the appropriate services. S/He will reinforce the capacity of national staff to support data collection and the implementation of the activities in links to the basic services which will be provided over the period. S/He will be charged to carry the evaluation of need, the production of the report, and the presentation of the principal results of this evaluation.
OBJECTIVE OF THE STATION: To ensure the realization of the evaluation of requirement in protection in the circle for Tenekou. To ensure that the minimum services of protection which will be provided respect the humane standards and of those of the IRC.
This position brings back to the Coordinator protection and of education
- Provide the necessary technical assistance for the realization of the need assessment and the basic protection services
- Ensure that ethical and reliable systems of data collection and information management are in place during the process of the evaluation;
- Ensure the confidentiality of the collected data by adhering to the internal process of data protection of clients/beneficiaries of IRC;
- To re-examine the data collections tools, ensure their adaptability to the context and the objectives of the evaluation;
- Train the staffs on the tools for data collection and the approaches that will be used to provide the basic protection services;
- Ensure the quality, exactitude, and the coherence of the collected data;
Human resources management and development of the capacities
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit, and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to perform their functions successfully.
- Supervise the officers of projects which will be responsible for implementing the activities within the framework of the basic services of protection.
- Develop with the officers the weekly work plan and data collection plan
- Take part in the recruitment of the staff of the team of evaluation in collaboration with the HR department
- Train and identify training needs/gaps for the staffs
Planning and implementation of the evaluation of needs and the activities
- Ensure that the objectives of the needs the assessment and the activities are reached (effective management of Child-Friendly Spaces (CFS) and referral of the cases of protection)
- Prepare, and implement the work plan, expenditure, and the monitoring and evaluation plan of the activities.
- Work in close collaboration with the departments of the operations, finances, and the grant of the IRC to ensure conformity and compliance with donor requirements.
Monitoring of the activities and reporting
- Develop and maintain systems and process of monitoring, support, effective and efficient quality control and report.
- Ensure regular monitoring of the activities in the CFS.
- Supervise and consolidate the information collected from the monthly reports
- Ensure of the quality of the reports; indicators data are properly gathered
- Prepare the evaluation report by including the various elements of the terms of references of the evaluation, address feedbacks from the technical advisors and coordination;
- Produce clear orientations for the mission in term of capitalization; lessons learned and good practices for the development of the strategy of IRC in Mali
- Supervise/evaluate systematically and proactively the security of the teams on the ground, report with no delay problems or incidents to the direction of IRC to maintain/improve the environment of security.
- Other tasks assigned by the supervisor;
- All the staff members of the IRC are held to respect the standards of professional control of IRC Way and the policies of use of the country.
- University degrees in social sciences, law or another related diploma
- Proven work experience proven in coordinating and implementation needs assessment in the field for protection;
- At least three years of experience in direct implementation of the programs of protection (protection and empowerment of the woman, protection of the child)
- Good understanding of the protocols and response mechanisms to the VBG;
- Experience the supervision and the management of a multidisciplinary team
- Proven experience in the reinforcement of the capacities and coaching of the staffs
- Good data-processing competences in programs such as Ms Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Able to apply competencies and knowledge, including direct implementation, training and transfer of technical skills and competences
- Personal qualities: team leader, flexible, creative, able to work under pressur
- Fluency in French is required, English ability is an asset
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This positon will be based at 80% in Tenekou and 20% in Bamako. Whereas security in Bamako generally calm east, of the civil conflicts continue elsewhere in the country and travel outside of Bamako will be approved by the Deputy Director of Operations. The strict respect for the security rules is required from all the staff of IRC. This position is not accompanied.