Treasury Services Manager
The Treasury Services Manager supports the Director of Treasury in the areas of cash, FX and risk management, banking, and disbursements.
The Treasury Services Manager reports to the Director of Treasury, works closely with colleagues in the Payroll, AP, AR, and HQ Accounting units, and will liaise with representatives from the banks, the insurance broker, and the credit card companies.
- Prepare the daily cash position report, including the forecasting of weekly and monthly cash receipts and disbursements.
- Assist in the management of short-term investment balances, including interest recording.
- Serve as a backup for field offices, vendor and payroll payment processing.
- Maintain the domestic and international banking accounts database, including the administration of authorized bank signatories.
- Assist in the annual reporting of foreign bank accounts to the US Department of the Treasury, and notification of US citizens among international staff.
- Resolve all outstanding check issues and complete annual abandoned property report for payroll, IOM and operating accounts.
- Assist the Director in the annual insurance renewal process by compiling the submission information.
- Review insurance charges, process and allocate as appropriate.
- Responsible for issuance of all the certificates of insurance
- Manage the IRC’s corporate and purchasing card programs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Treasury.
Education: Bachelor’s in accounting or Finance or other related field.
Work Experience: 2-3 years’ experience in accounting or treasury
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated knowledge of computerized accounting systems and experience with financial related software (spreadsheets, accounting packages); Knowledge of bank software packages is preferred.
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to process detailed information accurately and efficiently;
- Flexible work attitude: the ability to work independently and the willingness to meet unexpected demands;
- Solid communication and interpersonal: the ability to effectively liaise with colleagues in a diverse multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent Computer skills: facility with MS Excel, Word, accounting software, and email/online web-based applications.
- The position will work in the New York City Headquarters location and is expected to be on-site
- Standard office work environment