Vice President International Marketing
IRC's Global Partnerships and Philanthropy (GPP) department is responsible for the delivery of the International Rescue Committee’s ambitious private sector income and engagement goals and plays a critical strategic role in the delivery of brand, awareness and support for IRC’s advocacy goals.
GPP is comprised of colleagues and teams working in the U.S., the U.K., Germany, and Sweden as well as emerging markets delivering direct marketing, content, account management, philanthropy, board liaison, and corporate and foundation partnerships to support IRC’s fundraising goals. We are looking to expand our global external relations footprint and are deliberately seeking to hire a diverse team located in a wide variety of locations.
The Vice President, International Marketing will lead the ambitious development and delivery of a global marketing operation. The goal is drive large scale awareness and income growth and be rooted in building a state of the art digital and creative operation.
Your remit will include shared responsibility, along with the Vice President, Communications, for brand and creative content delivery. You would be IRC’s lead architect in the work of telling IRC’s story to private sector actors. using tools and content which will help IRC to stand out as a remarkable change and impact agent in the humanitarian space.
The VP will provide forward-thinking leadership to build creative, dynamic and market sensitive activities, campaigns and operations and deliver sustainable growth in IRC supporters from global channels. An emphasis on building a growing body of supporters committed to our goals through monthly giving is critical. The VP would lead and drive our plans to grow our digital global marketing across markets where we do not have a physical presence.
This person would work in close partnership with the Senior Vice President, GPP and will be part of the GPP Senior Leadership Team. You would partner closely with colleagues across the organization including, in particular, the Vice President, Communications and other communications colleagues.
- Actively collaborate with the GPP Senior Leadership Team and work to provide support across the department and wider IRC; role modeling positive, efficient, and data-focused decision-making;
- Ensuring strategic direction for the marketing outputs;
- Building campaigns for our corporate partnerships which are compelling and positioning IRC as a market leader in this space;
- Act as a senior leader of IRC's external relations global delivery, working collaboratively as part of a matrixed global team effort to drive positive culture change;
- Support ways of working that create ideal conditions for creative and digital innovation, cutting through in a crowded market space;
- Help drive IRC’s ambitions as a digital leader, building a high performing global digital team, ensuring transparency of goals, tools and guidance;
- Supporting, coaching and encouraging global staff agreement to the key principles of a high quality, rapid response digital engagement;
- Strategize and deliver an ambitious sustainer giving recruitment strategy, which includes the launch of a new sustainer product that will attract public support;
- Lead the strategic direction and ensure high quality and data-led supporter care, development, and upgrade, focused on supporter retention;
- Collaborate on IRC brand definition and growing brand awareness -including, the championing of the IRC brand, delivery of an IRC brand marketing strategy, support, and groundbreaking tools for staff;
- Provide strong financial and workforce direction to ensure clear marketing budgetary and staff resource management and accountability with a focus on positive staff engagement and the best use of resources;
- Lead the Marketing team, of 30-35 colleagues, with dedication, integrity to our culture and core values;
- 15+ years of experience in results-oriented fundraising or marketing environments with leadership on digital growth and transformation programs strongly preferred;
- Deep understanding of the global fundraising marketplace with a solid track record in the delivery of successful marketing campaigns for non-profits;
- Proven track record of using analytics to influence decision-making and build positive relationships;
- Strong communication and relationship building skills;
- Undergraduate degree required and preference for master’s degree or equivalent professional experience