Monitoring and Evaluation, Senior Advisor, TSO
*Preferred position location: Nairobi, Kenya. Other locations to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (US state or country) where WVI is registered to operate.
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 37,500 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Monitoring and Evaluation, Senior Advisor, TSO, you are a core leadership team member of the Technical Service Organisation (TSO) and Design, Monitoring & Evaluation (DME) / Ministry Strategy & Evidence (MSE) teams, providing the critical senior leadership and coordination for all monitoring and evaluation related technical services to World Vision offices and makes a significant contribution to the “evidence building” agenda of World Vision International.
Main roles include:
- To provide leadership, training, mentorship and systems strengthening within TSO to contribute to building and strengthening monitoring and evaluation technical skills, knowledge, expertise and environment.
- To contribute to building and strengthening of monitoring and evaluation capacity and efforts of National Offices (NOs) and Support Offices (SOs) by leveraging TSO’s technical expertise.
- This position will report directly to the Global Senior Director of TSO with a matrix management to the Senior Director of DME in MSE.
- Masters Degree in measurement, research and evaluation.
- Ten years practical experience in conducting and leading sector programme-related M&E including baseline and evaluation design and implementation.
- Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative evaluation and research skills.
- Experience in developing monitoring and evaluation systems (including indicators, instruments, and methodologies), for sector programmes.
- Advanced skills in use of quantitative data analysis software – e.g. Excel, SPSS, STATA, NVivo, etc.
- Work environment: Home office-based. Travel: Up to 30% International travel is required. *
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 16 OCT 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.