ICT Technician – Tech For Livelihoods , Kakuma (Re-advertised)
AAH Kenya is a country programme of Action Africa Help International (AAH-I), an African-led non-governmental organisation that supports livelihood-challenged communities in East and Southern Africa to sustainably improve their well-being and standard of living. With Country Programmes in South Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, Uganda, Zambia and recently in Djibouti, AAH-I has over 25 years’ experience working with communities in conflict and post-conflict situations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities. More recently AAH-I has expanded its activities to work with other marginalised communities, including pastoralists and people living in informal urban settlements.
Action Africa Help International in Kakuma is looking for well-organized and highly motivated individuals to be considered for the Tech For Livelihoods position.
Reports to: ICT/Innovation Technician
Duty Station: Kakuma village 3
Purpose of the job
ICT Technician- Tech for livelihoods is to provide basic technical support to Tech for Livehoods workers in all areas related to personal Computers (PC), basic PC related hardware/software, E-Mail (web-based email systems), network and Internet services for its IT labs at Kakuma 3 and Kalobeyei. User support includes, basic Gmail, yahoo, etc., account administration. S/he provides end user assistance in-person at IT labs in these locations.
· Provide the necessary support to IT Lab users to access their online accounts. This include troubleshooting login issues, internet connectively, laptop power issues etc.
· Provides technical support to users for IT related hardware and software.
· Ensures the daily optimal performance of all computer systems in the labs.
· Keeps individuals informed as to the status of their request for IT assistance.
· Completing duties mutually agreed upon and assigned by the supervisors;
· Other duties as assigned
· Competence and requirement
· Must be a Kenyan citizen
· Certificate in Secondary Education
· Diploma in IT or related course.
· A minimum of 1 year in technology support environment.
· Previous experience in NGOs highly desired.
· Ability to travel to other office locations in Kakuma, as needed.
· Experience in Internet usage and applications, Microsoft Windows and Office Applications.
· Written and spoken fluency in English.
· Availability to work occasional after-hours and weekends for IT support at the IT Labs.
· Be proficient in computer skills.
· Experience working with end-users on new feature deployments, including testing and training cycles will be an added advantage.
· Ability to work under minimum supervision.
· Ability to troubleshoot user problems in 2-step login into their online emails accounts
Interested candidates should drop application letters and CVs (with 3 referees) addressed to the Human Resource Officer to be received by 30th October , 2019 at AAH-I Offices in Kakuma, NCCK compound 3, AAH-I business Centre in Kakuma 3 & Kalobeyei ICT/Innovation centre village 1 during working hours. The envelope must show the job title of the position applied for at the TOP LEFT or email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title- ICT technician- tech for livelihoods. AAH-K is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank candidates for their high interest in the opportunities we advertise. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only get back to shortlisted candidates. AAH-K does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process nor does it use recruitment agents. The position will be filled on a rolling basis.