Chief of Party / Programme Director, Zimbabwe
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 37,500 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
World Vision seeks Chief of Party/Programme Director, Zimbabwe candidates for the anticipated USAID/Food for Peace Development Food Security Activity (DFSA) in Zimbabwe. The Zimbabwe DFSA is expected to build upon the successes of the USAID/ENSURE project (2012-2019) and aims to improve household and community food security across defined geographic target areas. A key vehicle for achieving the goals of the USAID/FFP 2016-2025 Food Assistance and Food Security Strategy, the DFSA seeks to affect sustainable individual and systems level change within vulnerable communities—and with clear benefits for nutrition and food security outcomes.
Key Responsibilities include:
Maintain overall responsibility for coordination of all Zimbabwe USAID/FFP Development Food Security Activity (DFSA) project activities and staff. S/he will be responsible for technical leadership and administrative oversight of the program and will serve as the principal institutional liaison to the donor and local government entities.
Manage a team of senior staff, sub-recipients, and engagement with stakeholders and ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all DFSA project products and activities
Provide strategic leadership and supervision of sub-grantees and sub-contractors while ensuring the security, feasibility, and sustainability of the program
- A Master's degree in related business administration, economic development, international development, public policy field or other relevant technical area.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in food security programming with at least 5 years serving in senior field program leadership roles on USAID/FFP DFSA projects. Prior USAID grants Chief of Party experience required.
- Proven ability to manage large, complex development programs in challenging field contexts technical assistance teams.
- Demonstrated program experience in Zimbabwe and/or in Southern Africa strongly preferred.
- Keen understanding of the unique political dynamics and economic challenges within Zimbabwe; and ability to work carefully and collaboratively to maintain productive relationships with the various government entities in Zimbabwe
- Proven ability in the management of large integrated grant-funded projects in developing countries.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID/FFP programs, their history and their development; mastery of USAID/FFP regulations governing such programs.
- Ability to integrate teams of professionals around common goals.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 31 DEC 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.