Education in Emergencies Specialist
- The Organisation
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan international Burkina Faso’s Program and Influencing department is working to assist the most vulnerable people affected by the humanitarian crisis in Burkina Faso.
In fact, the security situation in Burkina Faso has significantly deteriorated in 2018 affecting the whole country with a focus on six regions including the Sahel, the East, the North, Boucle du Mouhoun, the Centre-east and the Centre-north. According to the 2018 Fragility state Index report published late June 2018, Burkina Faso ranked as a High Warming state. About 170,000 people are currently displaced and the humanitarian community estimates roughly at 300,000 the number of IDP by end of 2019. More than 1800 schools are closed and huge lost of lives, livelihood, infrastructures and material is noted. In total 1.2 million people will need humanitarian assistance in 2019, or 5.7% of the population of Burkina Faso. Plan International response focus on three sectors including: 1) Education in Emergencies, 2) Child Protection in Emergencies, and 3) Youth Economic Empowerment and target the most vulnerable with a focus on girls.
- Ensure all education interventions have a clear focus on addressing the specific needs of young girls, adolescent girls and young women.
- Conduct assessments as required, in line with Plan International’s standard tools.
- Provide support in designing EiE proposals (including logframes and programmatic budgets and staffing plans) based on the outcomes of assessments and the context
- Provide support to develop education program plans.
- Actively represent Plan International at Education Cluster and Working Group meetings,inputting in to the 3Ws on a regular basis.
- Represent Plan to governmental and non-governmental stakeholders as agreed with the ERM
- Train EiE staff in key aspects of EiE programmes and relevant aspects of INEE
- Conduct onsite visits, periodical reporting, on-going documentation and dissemination
- planning together with CP and Youth teams for effective coordination and integration
- Ensure a Child Centred Community Development Approach ensuring gender equity and
social inclusion in all aspects of basic education and learning programmes
To Apply please click here
Applicants must be able to work in French and have a valid HEAT certificate.