Emergency Logistics Advisor
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Founded over 65 years ago and now working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Disaster Management team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of crises-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
Here’s where you come in:
As**, Emergency Logistics Advisor** you will provide emergency logistical services that ensure a rapid and effective response delivery. Deliver high level management support to response activities, reducing risk, increasing compliance and quality of delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Logistics or Law or Commerce, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an emergency or fragile context environment.
- Minimum 5 years’ line management experience with procurement and logistics activities – preferably in a FMCG, military or INGO context.
- Experience managing and interacting at all levels of the organization from field workers to the C suite level.
- Must demonstrate a high level of Information Technology and Systems literacy. (Procure to Pay Systems, Inventory Management Systems).
- Must demonstrate a high level of personal resilience, capacity and interpersonal skills.
- A high level of written and spoken English is necessary.
- French, Arabic or Spanish language is an added advantage
- This role is part of the Global Rapid Response Team (GRRT) and the candidate will be expected to perform in hash and difficult conditions, such as crisis emergency responses.
- A high level of travel is required, 40% international and domestic travel
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 23 OCT 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.