Proposal Writer in Emergencies Specialist - Zambia
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
· Lead fundraising and resource mobilisation initiatives ensuring a priority focus on the specific needs of girls and coordinate proposal management.
· Directly support the Business Development Manager and unit to prepare and develop proposals
· Develops, creates, writes, prepares, and complete grant proposals in timely manner involving key stakeholders and staff
· Guide and facilitate staff in the development and preparation of research proposals, contracts, sub-contracts, and agreements, to include budgets, documentation, and interpretation of funding requirements
· Assist in the formulation of processes and procedures for negotiation of contract and grant pre-awards and post-award; assist in arbitration and resolution of conflicting interests, as necessary
· Create and maintain a master list of all grants including proposal due dates, completed proposals and report date
· Write high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, and supporting documents
· Responsible for researching, collecting data, and writing of each grant
· Manage the proposal submission process to ensure timely submission of all required materials.
· Conduct prospect research to identify, cultivate and solicit new grants
· Regularly monitor donor websites and identify and inform donor opportunities matching the work of the organization
· Undertake online research and build contacts with potential donors and raise funds for the activities of the organization.
· Maintain relationships with existing donors and respond to their requests regularly and keep updating them about the work of the organization
· Suggest other innovative ideas for effective resource mobilization
· Perform other duties as assigned
Please click here to apply