AIR OPERATIONS OFFICER - NAIROBI
AIR OPERATIONS OFFICER
About the Job
Reporting to the Air Operations Manager the Air Operation Officer is responsible for handling passenger and cargo bookings. He/she liaises with Logistics Office in Nairobi and other departments for all flight movements and ensures that air operations statistics and operating documentation are updated and archived in accordance with the ICRC policy.
This position is based in Nairobi.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Processes passenger and cargo booking requests through the air operations database and liaises with relevant departments to verify all bookings and approvals
· Ensures compliance with all ICRC documentation, reporting, filing and archiving standards
· Supervises loading, unloading and fuelling of ICRC aircraft and ad-hoc charter flights from local operators when required
· Provides support to the Air Operations Manager and Senior Air Operations Officer in monitoring radio communications and flight progress
· Analyses, processes and checks all invoices relating to air operations, compiles supporting documents and prepares service requests for approval
· Captures Daily Flight Report data and air operations related costs (planned and actual) in the air operations database
· Establishes and manages a systematic filing system for all air operations documentation
· Assists with the collation, filing and update of all aircraft/crew information
· Reviews and archives the flight folios for each flight and highlights any discrepancies
· Provides administrative support to all air operations departmental meetings, presentations and seminars, keeps all documentation, statistics and reporting up to date and ensures all necessary administrative work is implemented on time
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
· Diploma in Aviation or Logistics operations
· 3 years’ experience in air transportation; experience in a humanitarian organization will be an asset
· Good knowledge of technical aviation terminology
· Conversant with the applicable internal and international aviation standards/regulations; training in safety and quality management will be an asset
· Computer proficiency in excel and database management
· Highly organized with excellent planning skills
· Ability to work under pressure
· Fluent command of written and spoken English
· Driving licence for light vehicles
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 21st October 2019**. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message. Any incomplete applications will be disregarded.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to email@example.com.