Expert Partner Consultancy (m/f)
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration until December 31, 2020. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Kabul, Afghanistan.
As Expert Partner Consultancy you will advise national and local partner organizations on the implementation of projects financed by Welthungerhilfe in terms of content, schedule and budget in accordance with the specified guidelines in order to help them achieve their project objectives.
- Verification and assessment of project applications and ideas on relevance, completeness and coherence with Government and donor strategies
- Within the framework of partner promotion, implementation of the strategy in accordance with the global strategy of Welthungerhilfe and the multi-annual country strategy
- Ensuring the necessary flow of information and transparency of projects results vis-à-vis the general public in the assigned country in close coordination with the Head of Programs
- Advising and assisting partners in preparing reports for the government, donors and other relevant stakeholders
- Proactively develop and implement training manuals, courses and workshops to increase knowledge and assist partners in defining training requirements for national experts
- Supporting project teams in project-related activities
- Providing technical expertise and guidance to partners and relevant Welthungerhilfe staff in order to coordinate and implement planned activities properly
- Executing regular field visits to the project sites to verify the implementation of activities by partners
- Participation in the Country Management forum e.g. Regional Coordination Meeting
- A university or polytechnic degree in humanitarian/development studies or an equivalent degree related to the position
- A minimum of 3 years experience in cooperation with partner organizations, preferably working in the global south
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 2016 Suite, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven reporting and organizational skills, with proficiency in writing for different audiences
- Ability to work under time pressure and, sometimes, high workload
- Ability to work in an insecure environment and committed to adhere to strict security procedures
- Excellent spoken and written English
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale.