Call for Resumes - District/Local Governance Zambia
DAI, a global consulting firm based in the United States, is currently accepting applications from senior and mid-level candidates for long-term positions for an anticipated district governance strengthening project in Zambia. This project is expected to support Zambian citizens and their government service providers build a durable system that responds to local needs, enhance coordination across sectors, and support the devolution of services to the district level including for health, education, nutrition and natural resources management.
Candidates with 7 or more years prior experience in one or more the following technical areas are encouraged to apply:
- Local governance with prior experience working with district-level governance activities in improving cross-cutting areas including district/local management and administration, financial management, and human resource management.
- Government service delivery with prior experience strengthening local government service delivery throughout Zambia to respond to citizen needs and improve service delivery outcomes, including in areas such as health, education, nutrition and natural resources management.
- Civic engagement with prior experience in improving citizen engagement in good governance by building the capacity of citizens and civil society organizations at the local level. Previous experience informing citizens and improving their capacity to effectively assess and prioritize development needs and engage government service providers to account for performance for improved service delivery. Experience in mobilizing women and youth preferred.
- Policy and advocacy with prior experience developing and implementing policy and advocacy strategies at all levels of government, including in the areas of decentralization and service deconcentration.
- Grants management with prior experience in management of donor-funded small grants programs to local CSOs, USAID experience preferred.
- Monitoring, evaluation and learning with prior experience with USAID M&E methodology preferred.
Minimum qualifications include:
- At least 7 years of technical experience working in international development programs in one or more areas listed above. USAID experience highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with government counterparts at a district/municipal level in Zambia.
- Higher degree in related field (Bachelor’s or equivalent required, Master’s highly preferred).
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including professional fluency in English
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.