MONITORING & EVALUATION COORDINATOR
We are currently seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator to oversee all monitoring, evaluation, research and learning of our program. This individual will be based full-time in Guatemala City, with up to 50% travel to the field. Our M&E team has worked this past year to develop a greater understanding of our program’s nutritional and economic impact. We are looking for an experienced individual to continue this work by ensuring that data collection systems are running properly, data analysis is completed with action-oriented recommendations, and that the data is being used to guide program strategy.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Goal-oriented survey design, field-testing of survey instruments, and revision
• Training, quality-control, and supervision of data collection processes
• Robust data analysis and synthesis of findings to draw both early and final conclusions, and actionable results for a variety of audiences
• Analysis of dietary datasets to evaluate nutritional impact and help guide current program strategy
• Presentation of data and findings for a variety of audiences both internal and external to the organization
• Develop compelling visuals that help convey our program and impact
• Regular mentorship of marketing analyst and other team members on data analysis, data visualization and presentation skills
• Master’s degree, preferably in Agricultural Economics, Nutrition, Public Health, Public Policy; or bachelor’s degree with equitable experience
• 2+ years experience working in a results-oriented multi-cultural workplace, preferably in in a developing country
• Proficiency in Stata, R, or SAS (Stata preferred) with strong quantitative and qualitative research skills
• Experience designing and managing field research studies
• Full working-proficiency in Spanish and English
• Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences and represent the organization externally
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Ability to work independently with confidence presenting complex information to variety of stakeholders
• strong problem-solving skills and creativity
• Demonstrated leadership, stress-management, negotiation skills, and flexibility in the work environment
• Proactive, with the ability to prioritize and coordinate a variety of activities
• Must be comfortable traveling to and staying in rural parts of Guatemala with difficult living conditions
• Data visualization skills
• Experience using and developing electronic data collection tools such as Open Data Kit (ODK)
• Experience conducting GIS analyses
• Experience working with food fortification and/or biofortification interventions
• Technical knowledge of micronutrient deficiencies
Beginning Date: As soon as possible.
Salary: Competitive local salary, commensurate with experience.
Guatemalan nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply please send a cover letter explaining your interest in Semilla Nueva and the position, along with an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note “M&E Coordinator” in the subject line.