Head of Support- DR Congo
We are looking for our new Head of Support in DRC !
NRC has been present in DR Congo since 2001 and currently runs operations in the Provinces of North & South Kivu, Province Orientale and Kasai and Tanganyika Province with offices in Goma, Bukavu, Beni, Bunia, Kananga and Kalemie. The program has an annual turnover of approximately NOK 308M. The DR Congo operation responds to populations affected by conflict and displacement. We reached around 700.000 beneficiaries with education, food security, ICLA, WASH/shelter and Rapid Response Mechanism projects.
The purpose of the Head of Support position is to ensure that all support functions are providing high quality and efficient support program implementation.
Duties and responsibilities
- Deputy CD when appointed
- Training staff on NRC’s policies (log and HR handbook, etc.)
- Accountable of CO compliance with NRC policies and local legislation
- Provide technical support to all areas in HR, Finance logistic and ICT domain where it’s needed.
- Support the Finance Manager in CO cost management and cost sharing according to NRC policy
- Strengthen the awareness of NRC rules and policies in the support department
- Establish a coordination meeting between the support department and program
- Support the support department in audit preparation and its compliance
- Assist the mission in optimizing the operational costs of the mission
- Minimum 5 years’ experience from a senior management position in a humanitarian/ recovery context;
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Core competency expertise;
- Allocation of resources and costs expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile;
- Fluency in English and French, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the context in DR Congo and the region
- Coordination and representation skills
- Knowledge in Emergency, but also early recovery, programming
- Strategic thinking
- Initiating action and change
- Handling insecure environments
We can offer
- Commencement: Janvier 2020
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary: According to NRC Grade Structure
- Grade: 11
- Duty station: Goma with 30% travels. Goma is a non-family posting. International staff members are required to live in joint accommodation.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.